VivoKey service platform private PoC test program

On the upside I assume you get the 2TB cloud storage from the Google Workspace which I’m personally already paying for in Google Drive so if all the other issues are adressed I won’t have to pay for Drive storage anymore…

Edit: Kinda concerned about this too :

Gmail users have full administrative control over their email and Google Account login credentials. Google Workspace grants you administrative control — including the ability to create, edit and delete accounts — over all Gmail addresses created using Google Workspace.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for a lively debate. There are many comments I could quote specifically and respond to but right now I don’t have the bandwidth or proper interface as I’m yelling into my mobile phone voice to text converter while traveling.

I’m trying to be very careful about discussing future platform features because those are just not a good idea to talk about right now. I’m trying to learn my lesson about discussing things like that which are not yet developed and basically putting myself into a position of having to backtrack or change plans simply because we talked through ideas that some people may consider to be promises.

The proof of concept, on the other hand, is exactly as presented. Not everybody’s going to love the price of it and there are issues of course with offering Google workspace accounts… everyone has identified very important and accurate problems in this area. But, the reason for the POC is not to explore the practicality of Google workspace accounts as subscription model services, it’s to explore the practicality of chip based authentication with Google SSO in general. There are real usability things we need to explore, and in the end the actual service platform we may develop will undoubtedly use this information to shape its development and feature set.

Personally I have a lot of things that I want to deploy that require a new service platform and so I really personally want to see this developed… But again it’s been several years since VivoKey has come into existence and so far, I’m pretty sure everyone would agree It’s been a categorical failure. Ideas and intentions and aspirations are not matching reality, and I realize the extreme levels of patients people have is nothing short of saintly. What are you don’t want to do is talk about making more promises and talking about the future and I want to try to get away from the whole soon™ concept in general. I want to deliver.

To that end, the proof of concept we’re talking about is absolutely going to be temporary. The entire purpose is to learn before taking first steps. Undoubtedly that’s going to be a messy process and in the end it’s going to be burnt to the ground so that whatever we build from the ashes will have the advantage of that knowledge. This is the clarity I want to offer anyone wanting to participate in the POC. It’s not representative of anything, it’s an experiment.

11 Likes

I should have mentioned something like this,

If the chip is still useable, more than just a uid like an expired payment card

I don’t have a issue in principle paying for external “bonus” features… that are frankly over my head

Case in point, I love popl as a contact sharing method. If they went to a subscription platform I probably wouldn’t pay for it as there are plenty of free options, but I don’t have an issue with with it in principal,

My implants are part of my body,
my implant points to popl,
But popl is not part of my body

You treat us like you’d like to be treated, so we treat you in kind, it’s as simple as that

I think I can safely say… this group of people putting dangerous things in their body to push the limits and boundaries are receptive to experiments

8 Likes

This is perfect. I would love to help out but I don’t have a Vivokey spark. The Apex ring has not afaik been released yet. If there is a way to take part without an implant I would be more than happy to (I do have a pair of Vivokey dev kit cards). Otherwise I am going to have to wait until such time as I have an implant.

As I have said, at the moment I am particularly interested in OAUTH2 or SAML, and those definitely seem to be the sorts of services that would be offered as part of an RFID based identification/authentication system.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Vivokey Spark actual use cases

Is it possible DT will arrange a webinar/video to help set up the spark APIs for the none technical member?

4 Likes

yep we will have a whole walk-through shortly

7 Likes

Is it too late to sign up for the PoC test program?