VivoKey Spark 2 questions

Hello, i’m new to the Biohacking world but i’ve been interested for a while, I saw some of these products from ModernRouges youtube channel and i decided I was going to purchase the VivoKey Spark 2, I am kind of going in to this blindly, I understand that its open source and I can send URLs and potentially unlock deadbolts and such but what other things are people using their implants for? I decides in this implant due to its open source feature, but as this is the first time i’m doing anything like this what are other implants that people are using and what for? and also could I use this for something like Apple pay?

Regards, dave

The Spark2 is a cryptographic implant with AES keys. It’s allows authentication to login into different services, this forum, WordPress, the VivoKey forum etc… It also has the ability to be scanned by a 3rd party to access a business card that looks like this.

No chip currently will do payments unless you get a custom piece done. The Apex line coming out in the next couple months will have future support for payments, pgp signing and pretty much anything you can hack together in a Java Applet.

Take a read through the forum a bit more decide what your specific use case is, what kind of doors are you trying to access?? MiFare 1k, is it UID based does it require a DESFire card? Or am I using it to store my boarding passes on or a cold storage wallet backup for my cryptocurrency?

Each implant from DT is inherently different, different frequency different ISO different crypto ability.

Currently I use my chips to unlock my car and house door when I’m in town. I also hold a cold storage wallet in my hand as backup. I use my spark to access this forum and the VivoKey forum as well as my WordPress login. When I travel which is every other week, I store my boarding pass/train pass on my hand for easy indexing. I don’t have to finick with finding screen shots or opening emails to find boarding passes. Out in public others can scan my Spark2 and access my website, and some other hyperlinks attached to it. The Spark line will also be opening up further hopefully once the Apex line comes out.

Welcome to the forum and I can’t wait to hear what your end goal is?!?

5 Likes

Just wanted to mention, the vivokey line of implants are most definitely NOT open source.

You will not be able to use them liek you could for example an NExT implant. That one is “open source”.

4 Likes

@ChildApple YES thank you very much for adding that very important part. Also currently our AES keys are stored on a semi-custom HSM “Hardware Security Module”. Vivokey is working to move it to Hashicorp vault. That being said they will not hold you OTP transaction keys.

this is what I was referencing

Yes, the Spark2 supports all this…now that being said. It states it supports Access Control aka door/barriers this is true to a point…

The door reader would need to read HF 13.56 with being able to read ISO 14333a to unlock the door based on the Sparks UID. Also the Matrix on that product is out of date as far as specs @amal. That Matrix is for the original Spark which is an ISO 15693 compared to the 14332a. I say this with a grain of salt but most of your doors are gonna be MiFare 1k depending on your geo location, or there gonna be 125khz which an xEM or NeXT would open. The best bundle kit would be the ultimate implant bundle kit. You will be able to interact with 95% of common rfid/nfc devices. You will have the tools to start basic diagnostics.

You will not have the ability to do any form of payment besides Crypto “in a sense” on any of the current chips on the market until the Apex line comes out. Even then it will not be released alongside the implant, but will be implemented as services come online and are available.

2 Likes

Alrighty thank you guys for your help, i suppose i’m gonna wait until some of the newer models come out and ill start tinkering with it, once again thank you for the help!

Regards,

If you did that, you would be in a perpetual state of waiting, there will always be something new “just around the corner”

In a couple of Months, the APEX line will be coming out, and this WILL be a “Game Changer” But there are plenty of other great options that are available right now.
As fantastix as the Apex line will be, it can’t do EVERYTHING.
Like @MouSkxy said, what is your use case?, If you can tell us that, we can give you suggestions as to what we would recommend.

2 Likes

i know :confused: sorry… so much to do!!

4 Likes

I know @amal that’s why we’re here :blush: to solve those things. I wish we could make a commit like GitHub were you could just prescreen it and push it! It would make life so easy. Never have to give access keys or nothing.

6 Likes

I am slightly forgetful about my passwords. Would I be able to use the Spark 2 to log in to all my things that need a password, specifically using my phone?

1 Like

yes… soon… we are working on a VivoKey Vault service which includes password management unlocked by chip scan.

8 Likes

oh, that would be amazingly helpful!

1 Like

Wait…

Does this mean we can access the vault without the Apex, and with our Spark? Are we doing just encryption verification to unlock it? No need to run a Java Card Applet, wooohoooooo :slight_smile:

1 Like

Integration with BitWarden password manager would be great

The problem with integration with 3rd party apps is that company has to enroll the VivoKey API.

VivoKey vault will be hosted most likely on the VivoKey server using thete HSM and the VivoKey API.

Integration with 3rd party apps requires more CPU power hence the Apex line running Java Card Applets with a back-end in Fidesmo.

1 Like

BitWarden is open source I think and hosted on github.

1 Like

Here is what we’re talking about with BitWarden integration. It is a fork Vivokey is developing.

3 Likes

Yes that is in development for the VivoKey which host Java Card Applets. The spark does not it has a basic AES encryption scheme that can be used to verify you.

3 Likes

What do you mean? What I linked is made to run on a computer. It uses the same authentication as this forum through Vivokey’s OAuth interface acording to the readmes. Where are you getting that it requires an applet?