Walletmor - some questions

officially 8 years old? when was it announced?

on the WALLETMOR site there is no 8 years. only 5 years. FAQ. Does the implant expire?

Yes, the implant expires after 8 years. The expiration is only for it’s functionality of making payments though. The implant won’t break down or anything after 8 years inside your body, so no worries there.
The website hasn’t been updated yet, @wojtek could address that.
The 8 year expiration was announced in the Walletmor Facebook group.

Grazie

1 Like

3 maggio

Hello everyone,

Yes, that is correct.

As you may know, we have a lot of orders to fulfill and announcing publically the update to 8 years would probably result in more orders and more customers who will need to wait…

The 8-years chips are at Amal’s place now and he is working on the implants, that would be sent out to you guys first.

Then, when we fulfill all the pending orders, will announce it officially

4 Likes

@amal - anything to add?

This is very Great :heart_eyes:

8y chip… blinkies…
tenor (4)

payday comes…
tenor (2)

Damn, 8 years is pretty long.
You can’t pay with it in the Canada or USA? I am asking because I’ll probably be leaving Poland for college…

Well if you have a polish bank account then yes it should work in the USA and Canada (with exchange fees I’m sure)

1 Like

How many Walletmor implant wearers are there now? Surely forum dwellers. Care to share your experience if have one?

Since I’m about to go on an “implant spree” soon, I’m thinking of adding a Walletmor to the list.

3 Likes

They’ve only been shipped out last week, so it might be a bit until someone has some solid experience with one.

Oh right okay, I didn’t realize.

Sorry if the question was silly, I haven’t kept up to be honest.

1 Like

I’ll get mine installed this saturday, I’ll see if I can record the installation. (It will be a 4g needle install)

I’ve already tested the implant on a few different payment terminals in luxembourg and germany. Payment always worked so far, even though the implant seems to be a bit slower then the usual contactless payment cards. You can really see the 4 status LEDs on the terminal light up slower one by one.
I’ve heard from someone in germany having trouble with smaller terminals like the “sumup” terminals, but it’s important to consider that the implant was freshly installed when tested. My installer got such a terminal, I’ll surely test it right after my installation.

1 Like

I just noticed that the biopolymer on my walletmor was cut out crooked and the antenna is pretty close to the edge of the implant because of it. Is it or could it become an issue? @amal

It should not be a problem… I inspect each under a microscope to ensure the edge is sealed. It is because of the fact I’m doing this by hand and eyeballs that I give a wide margin on the sides, because sometimes things line up like this… so I give myself lots of slack while still being able to install these with the 4g needle method.

4 Likes

Wow, didn’t think you were making all the flex implants by yourself by hand. That must have been a lot of work making all these walletmor implants at once :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

yep. it was.

exhausted

10 Likes

I have received my Walletmor on Friday! Yay! Will be getting it implanted maybe today, maybe in the coming days and then I have already two people in queue for the implantation.

Just wondering, is there a way to check the expiry date? I don’t see it anywhere when logged into my iCard account and my phone (Galaxy S10, NFC Tools PRO) does not react to the implant at all, no read, no error, is this expected behaviour? I will test it with common EMV terminal today, before application, just to be sure. Can’t wait to beep the number of the beast with my hand! :smiley: