Wanting to make a gun safe

I was looking at the dangerous things website and saw the use of a microchip for opening a garage door I have some metal boxes that I wanted to implement some sort of lock with do we open be in microchip. Any pointers from anyone familiar with this stuff, anything helps

You could snag something like this and integrate it in to the container/box/safe. I’m unsure of the compatibility with the xEM, I would think it should work just fine. If it doesn’t you can always just return it and try another, there are lots of different kinds of these drawer style locks available, this one just looked the most robust after a 30 second search.

https://www.amazon.com/Hidden-RFID-Drawer-Wristband-Entry/dp/B073PHYRGN/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?keywords=rfid+lock&qid=1557518447&s=gateway&sr=8-5

I’d get ideas from the expensive manufacturers like tactical walls, and use the mechanism from something like the QuickSafe RFID vent safe offered here at DT.

I’m still looking for a secure RFID pistol storage solution for my EV (not many gun toting LEAF drivers out here).

1 Like