Wearable Countermeasures

1 Like

Just thought I’d link this thread:

It focuses more on disabling of tags rather than the malicious reading of tags, but it still goes over some of the same ideas.

3 Likes

Isn’t this this thread?

Whatever what I wanted to say is vimpay allows disabling payments with the chip, so you can easily just turn it off if you feel like someones gonna sneak up to your hand with a POS terminal.

Our friendly moderator merged the threads after I posted that :blush:

It was initially this thread:

3 Likes

I got an EMF blocker aluminum adhesive tape so that you can go in DEFCON in peace :v: :joy:

Aluminum foil, in particular, is an effective material for blocking EMF radiation due to its electrical conductivity 13. It can be used to attenuate unwanted EMF radiation by wrapping it around electronic devices such as cell phones 1.

2 Likes

Nice

1 Like

You’ll be advertising your chips that way and it’s probably unnecessary unless you get completely drunk. But I like the idea nonetheless.

1 Like

What if you lined a large band aid with this aluminum duct tape. The absorbent fabric side. Would it be as effective and inconspicuous.

1 Like

would probably need to be a wider than usual bandage. the smaller the width the less likely it is to interfere enough to block a good read, particularly from higher power readers.

1 Like

Yeah, could be put inside a glove too etc. or those superortho injury support.