What are you making ⚒️ / 3D printing 🖨

Anyone know of an AI assistive application that can take a child’s drawing and create a printable 3D model from it?

Not AI, But I saw this a couple of years ago, and may work for you depending on the picture.

2 Likes

3 Likes

the first of many many mods :smiling_imp: lol

3 Likes

Anyone bother to crack the mifare classic keys on the Bambu spools yet?

A little info here

3 Likes

I wondered this also… surprised we got this far without discussing it honestly

I don’t mind their implementation… since you can still use your own, theirs are just “easier” to plop it and auto recognize… and from what I’ve seen their filament isn’t much more,… and they have masterspool refills… so me likey

1 Like

Sm58 to sm7b

3 Likes

That’s pretty clever.

1 Like

More gridfinity, designed a few of these myself

I use thelse little harbor freight 4mm drivers all the time,
Designed a holder to hold 2 drivers, with 4 positions possible, empty and stored, and “in use” with a bit in it… but it sits higher so you know a bit is hiding in there
also holds and extension and a micro bit to 1\4’’ adapter

I like this little butane soldering iron, I don’t use it for the iron but rather as a quick hot air gun for quick little jobs where I don’t wanna spend a few minutes digging out the hot air gun and setting it up and let it warm up and cool down…. But I also can’t get away with just being a savage and using a straight blowtorch :joy::innocent:
I added a couple spots for the tips… I only ever received the one with my kit… even though I won’t use them the completionist in me wants to get the other tips just to fill the slots…. That … I made… for tips I don’t have… hang on…wtf lol :joy:

1x1x3 holds 10 1/4” hex bits, could have gone more but I wanted to sub group since you don’t usually need every type at the same time
Also made spacers to let them stack with other stuff

my little helping hands design, comes in 1,2,4,8 hands
uses 12ga solid cord wire and aligator clips… remarkable solid
that multitool weighs 3\4 pound, or for @Pilgrimsmaster just a smidge more than the average human heart

I tweaked a pick holder from a preexisting design and I make a holder for deburring tools

7 Likes

Obico can do time lapses as well but it does ai assisted failure detection.

Someone had a very similar design, but didn’t have a standard version, and their metric version didn’t match the metric set I had or usually see

thanos voice

Fine then, I’ll do it myself

Tolerances were a bit tricky but managed to nail it first shot

4 Likes

You’re set up is coming together, looking nice!

1 Like

Bites and nibbles I think I forgot to take pics of 3-5 additions

The nice thing about the system being modular, it removes a LOT of the analysis paralysis

All of these tools I use at one point or another…

I don’t have to worry about the “perfect” layout because I can change it on the fly to adjust for whatever project or shenanigan I’m up to

If it’s not clear, I’m using a basic color scheme for the pieces
Black will always be bottom grids
White is currently part storage… I’m not married to it
Green will be adhesive/attachment
Blue is electrical
Orange is tools…maybe dremel stuff…
Grey is detail or post processing

Admin/writing marking/ parts baggies will possibly be red

I forget who accused my desk of looking too clean…
it just cleans up quickly lol

2 Likes

This Guy GIFs | Tenor

2 Likes

This… I knew there was something

3 Likes
1 Like

Should I get a PEI bed for my printer? The one that came with the Ender does not last as long when you print a lot of ABS and ASA.

Also, what about FR-4 beds? That material should be easy to get.

1 Like

PEI is absolutely worth it, as long as it’s on a spring steel sheet. It’s made a huge difference with my overall printer experience. Everything sticks super well, releases easily, and it seems very durable.

2 Likes

I kinda wanna get a VAAPR bed for my ender, I’ve already tinkered with automatic part
Ejection before, and getting a “fall off the bed” level of release is difficult to do consistently with glass
( I have it now but it can come and go)

But I’ve heard it’s super easy to wreck and it’s absurdly over priced given they’ve kept its secret sauce secret