What are you making ⚒️ / 3D printing 🖨

A thread for just sharing what hacker / maker / 3D printing projects you are working on

What are you working on?
How are you making it?
Why are you making it?
What’s a struggle?
What’s satisfying?

Pictures are always a plus,
Try to stay semi on the topic of the projects you are working on… but we know how it usually goes

(Pilgrim, feel free to nuke or edit this if needed)

To kick of this thread, (maybe)

Here’s what I’ve been working on

Wife wanted me to 3D print her a morning star for when we play DND, that was scheduled very near Halloween

Was a bit of a challenge and growth for me, as I’ve rarely ever post processed a 3D print, let alone anywhere near this level

I designed the head from scratch and went thru a few iterations, and fucked up paint a few times
aswell requiring a reprint of the main body :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I’m currently starting pcb design for a thing that snaps onto the back of my laptop with NFC reader, keyboard wedge functionality, and expansion all connected to the 1 USBc on the MS surface go

1 Like

Fully autonomous starship. That should fly under control of thrust vectoring to 100 Meters, fall under control of the flaps and land autonomously. Basically just like the first real starship tests (most likely including RUD/Crashes :sweat_smile:)

How? With a ton of sensors and actuators, an ender 3 3D printer, Arduino and wayyy too much software.

Why? I’m studying aerospace information technology and love what I’m doing. Its to test a flight controller software framework I’m working on and be a test bed for future projects.

What’s the struggle? Fusing the damn data from 5 different sensors to get a fast and accurate estimation of orientation and position. I’m guessing the control software is gonna be a struggle too.

What’s satisfying? Making super clean software architecture and also having the attitude control with Thrust vectoring work perfectly on first test.

11 Likes

Spent a good deal of the weekend designing and making some brackets and mounts for my computer desk

3 Likes

Getting better and better at print automation

I made a walking toy-the wind up version of myself look fimilar to ranboo plush toy. Scanned my head with an iSense scanner, modified using Meshmixer software, and printed on a 3D printer. Yes, all new technologies should be carefully used for the good of mankind.

1 Like

Do you have a picture?

15 posts were merged into an existing topic: Need something made? Post it in here

Continuing my on going project of organizing and streaming lining my computer desk

Printed a little mount for my usb hub that can hide under my desk, but close enough to plug in random usb dongles

And then I realized I mirrored the orientation in the wrong way… fuck

That’s better

Not 3D printed, but my DT KBR1 will be split off this hub and live under my desk

Excuse the gaffer tape, I could wait for cable clips to print to mock it up and get it all in place

The kbr is held in place with this stuff, if you’ve ever used it you know it’s crazy stuff… think aluminum Velcro… super stable no wobble, it’s practically glued in place… but it can be popped loose with the right application of force

Also since I don’t have room for an external monitor, I’ve been screwing around with this setup to hold my thin and light (battery heavy) as a secondary display/machine

Works pretty great used some clips to hold it in place but can be removed easily
It’s nice to keep it dedicated to my printer stuffs while I’m doing other stuff

(If it’s stupid and it works, it’s only slightly stupid)

edit to add
DING printers done… done someone need cable clips? Lol

3 Likes