What are your hobbies?

Haha yes. I hit 64mph with the current limited to 50% ( assuming max current is 150amps)
I’m keeping the current limited to 70%
Bc that’s all I need for speed

It wasn’t specifically designed to. But the batteries in using can quite keep up with PEAK motor demand
They’re all quality cells but recycled

Beyond 50amps the pack experience noticeable voltage sag

Also being careful and not getting over confident haha

1 Like

I’ve been looking at a LEAF, but i already have a Prius - which is going pretty well except for a brake accumulator issue that I’m working on getting resolved. I even got a whole scrapped hybrid battery for $150 from some guy that I’m rebuilding slowly.

4 Likes

The leg-bone’s connected to the, power-inverter.

4 Likes

I generally enjoy going to my local bmx park, on my mountain bike(hardtail 3x8, looking to a 1x9 or 1x11 if youre interested)

Hi Jonashex and welcome to the forum!

May I ask what your small business handles?
What form of equestrian sports do you follow?

Hi! Still pretty new around here, everyone seems really cool :slight_smile: I knit (OG coding!), distance run, hike and cycle. I really like growing food and learning about preservation and fermentation techniques. I made so many kinds of pickled veggies this summer. No jams this year because I apparently decided to feed the wildlife instead haha

I wouldn’t say I’m as hardcore into tech or programming as most around here seem to be but I’ve done a fair bit of work with APIs at my job and I’m very into body mods. When a friend told me about his implant recently, I instantly knew I would end up way down the rabbithole.

10 Likes

That is awesome! I Tunisian crochet mostly now days.

2 Likes

I’ve been wanting to learn how to knit. That a sewing seem like a convenient thing to learn

Very cool! I tried crochet a long while back but it never clicked with me, I’ve been meaning to give it another go. Is Tunisian crochet when you use the double-ended hooks?

You should totally go for it! It’s really relaxing and once you get some muscle memory, you don’t really need to look at your hands to do it. I like it as its own thing but also as a way to keep my hands occupied while I’m watching something because I’m terribly fidgety, it helps me focus.

1 Like

My grandmother grew up in earlier, more rigidly defined times, which was weird because she flat insisted that all the boys learn to cook and sew well enough to feed and cloth themselves on a basic level.

And the girls had to learn to change a tire.

1 Like

Back when I was a kid, my school - which had an unusually inspired headmaster - insisted that the boys try their hands at “girly” things, and the girls at “manly” things for several weeks.

Being a boy (last I checked), I learned all kinds of things that used to be called home economics, such as mending clothes with a sewing machine, ironing and folding shirts properly, cooking, cleaning, and a lot of other really useful things I’m glad I still know decades later. Conversely, the girls in my class tried metalworking, electrical work, accounting and computer programming.

Before anyone gets their pants in a knot, this was the 70’s and yes, I know, it was (still) sexist. Don’t bang on about it. That’s how it was.

Still, this unusual bit of education (at the time) came in handy in the army during basic training: I was one of the few who could fold his bed correctly and organize his locker in time before the CO did his inspection round, which saved me quite a few hours of chores and military prison :slight_smile:

Takes me back as we had the same in the first year of secondary school, girls went and done woodwork and metalwork and the boys done home economics etc. I didn’t mind it at all, in sewing you made an apron that you would use later in metalwork and woodwork. Making cakes and eating them all on the walk home was great! At the end of the year you didn’t have to change back but everyone did. I was anyway as I had throwing stars and a crossbow to make. A sewing machine would come in handy sometimes but I don’t want the storage for the limited use.

My last year of high school grade 12 was meant to take a class called senior transition. First semester we learn how to manage money and about investing and taxes stuff like that (fuck Dave Ramsey that bald cunt). Second semester we learn how to cook and sew. Well we learned how to cook one thing before rona hit.