When will Vivokey be out?

What about crypto currency payments. Like a custom DT/vivokey wallet app which uses implants to auth transactions. I used a few different wallets to achieve payments from my bank accounts.

Well, I mean… we have spoken to the right people and they are the ones dragging feet. If you could get 3 or 4 levels higher than our “right people” then maybe we could force the issue… perhaps the marketing and promo side of MC for example could have the ear of execs… but it would only work if the marketing people had a plan… something they could leverage to either A) promote MC being “innovative” or whatever, or B) shove a proof of concept out there that has no affiliation with MasterCard and see what the fallout might be… like in a canary in the coalmine kind of way… and honestly, I think B is the much more likely option they might entertain since everyone we spoke to at MC at any level that matters is simply convinced that associating MC with implants will always result in disaster.

Maybe Visa might be more outgoing? Definitely ping me if you get ahold of the right people.

This is tricky. Yes you can deploy a crypto wallet to Apex… however… MasterCard (and probably Visa now too) fear crypto… hard. They simply made rules to block it. If you have a crypto payment technology deployed in any way with the payment chip inside the payment device, then you are not allowed to use MasterCard payment applets or the network. Simple as that.

1 Like

Sounds like a new Apex line to choose from

Vivokey Apex Credit

Vivokey Apex Crypto image

Just add that to your list Amal :wink:

1 Like

I’d love to see EMV spend a bit on a shell startup that facilitates payments, as a middleman. Then maybe that service allows something like this

Is there a way it could be ran as basically for lack of better terms gift card system? For example you create an account with Vivokey, put $200 on it, once you use up that 200 You have to put more on your account :man_shrugging:

These are known as prepaid or reloadable cards. I believe the Making payments with an implant questionnaire asks if we would be okay with it being reloadable.

6 Likes

I was thinking if a contactless Tesla key and be hacked into an implant maybe a curve.com card for example could also be altered… obviously this is not the ideal way we want to move forward but could a partnership with a lower level company be struck. ((not sure if there is any risk to their current partnership with Visa/MC??))

It’s not emv… the emv is a consortium that defines standards to ensure the competing payment networks (schemas) don’t force merchants to basically have a “MasterCard terminal” and “Visa terminal” and “American Express terminal” on the front point of sale system.

Look into payment schemes… these are the top of the approval mountain we are climbing.

3 Likes

The Tesla card is by permission, not hacked to my knowledge. So same diff, we need permission.

@TarjeiB

If I’m remembering things right someone worked out the pairing process for Tesla’s official cards and reverse engineered it to make their own Java applet. That seems to be what was happening here.

https://teslaownersonline.com/threads/reverse-engineering-model-3-nfc-protocol.14425/

So yeah, kinda both actually… the first phase was just simply converting Tesla keycards into implants… it was Amie’s idea and we did hers first.

Next the reverse engineering came into play, but to get the VivoKey “Not a keycard” applet on Fidesmo, we needed to assure Fidesmo that Tesla wasn’t going to freak out. So we nagged and harassed people at Tesla until they finally came back with an email that basically said “Do whatever you want, we don’t care… just don’t come crying to us if we change things and your stuff stops working.”, to which we said “Thanks!” and published our applet on Fidesmo.

12 Likes

Sorry to bug you about it but are there any updates on the progress? Im very excited for the release and would love to have a general idea of things. Even just an estimated time like this month, next few months, or several months out?

again, sorry for bugging, just curious and eager for more info.

No updates that aren’t here, my friend.

I wish there were some updates, but this kind of thing takes time and it’s out of our control.

2 Likes

I hope it will work with the Cybertruck. Reserved mine same day!

5 Likes

Oh well. Hope it’s sooner rather than later but I guess we’ll see

I haven’t reserved… but I also hope it will work with CT

3 Likes

I only did it to lock in the Autopilot price. Was only $100

Which one did you reserve? I reserved the tri, the quoted range was just so good.

I did the dual. Not sure I need the tri. Plus the tri is $20,000 more and I want the ATV also.

1 Like

ATV looks cool, I am likely going to get a delfast at some point so that will likely be enough for me.

1 Like