WIKI - NFC phone performance

Indeed, Updated and linked, Thanks :+1:

Samsung Galaxy A71 works pretty good. I have a thin silicone case and I get good reads with it on, but better with it off of course. Antenna is located next to the camera block, but I find the best reads come from the highlighted blue zones, better if the x-series implant antenna is perpendicular to the antenna.

Tested with xFD, xLED, xNT, NExT, Spark2 + DT Diagnostic card

4 Likes

Added yours with :ringer_planet:9 A71 post

Good info :+1:

Whoops, I looked to see if it was listed already but looked at the wrong place. Sorry!

Nah, your one had a little more detail, It’s all good.
Better too much info, than not enough :+1:

1 Like

The Pixel 5 has 100% success with my xSLX right below the fingerprint reader

2 Likes

Excellent, Thanks, I have added and linked to your post

Just got the new Galaxy S21; works well with the SIID and the NEXT. The coil is located right in the horizontal and vertical center of the phone so the best reads come at the edge of the phone in the vertical center.

2 Likes

I concur. My new S21+ reads my NExT cleanly in the center even while in an Otter Box Defender Pro series case.

2 Likes

Cheers Guys, Added and updated the list

iPhone 12 Mini/Pro/Pro Max have been verified and can be added to the list.

edit: to add the mini, just tested & verified.

1 Like

Done, Thanks :+1:t3:

Cat S42: easy read with my IAR M1k. I suppose similar performances with a DT glassie. No trouble at all with a flexM1 of course. Only slight downside: the antenna is in the middle of the back of the phone, not at the edge of the case. So it’s not as easy to find the sweet spot. But the case’s shock-absorbing ridges at the back help you to locate it by touch.

Updated and linked to your post

Ulefone Armor 3W: easy read with my IAR M1k and no trouble with my flexM1, as you would expect. The sweet spot is somewhat difficult to hit though, the back of the phone being essentially featureless. Also, surprisingly, it is quite a different sweet spot for a glassie and for a flexie.

Updated and linked Thank you.

You bet!

But I did make a mistake: it’s called the Armor 3W, not just 3W. Sorry…

What are these sweet spots then?

To be honest, I didn’t think about mapping out where it is exactly. I was more busy neutering Google and reinstalling all my stuff in the new phone, which always takes a mighty long time if you’re as thoroughly paranoid as I am and you don’t use cloud backup :slight_smile:

I’ll use my xLED and my test NFC glassie later today to find where the antenna is and I’ll post a picture.

Speaking of neutering Google, fun fact with Android 9 and up: boot the phone without any network (so it doesn’t get any update of anything you don’t want right off the bat), go to the settings, remove all the Google bits you don’t truly need, remove all the permissions from all the remaining Google apps that don’t truly need it, and you’re left with a phone without a soft keyboard. That’s happened to me twice on two different brand new phones now. Amazing the length Google goes to to ensure you leave shit you don’t want running.

That Armor 3W is 365g of phone, but the battery life doesn’t disappoint :slight_smile:

3 Likes