WIKI - NFC phone performance

The Pixel 6 Pro seems to read my glassies fine, got it today. Works well with my xSIID, NExT, and my Spark 2.

It works in any of these orientations:

3 Likes

Added to " THE LIST" and linked to your post, thanks :+1:

@The13Beast it looks like Samsung has used the same NFC coil placement in the Z3.

I have found the best way to view the blinkys is to:

1. Pull down control shade (prolongs the Z going to sleep).
  2. Fold Z to about 20 degrees holding open with opposite hand.
  3. Scan and view!
3 Likes

Sony Xperia XZ.
Works fine on my implants since day of install, detection area is front upper left edge of screen which seems wierd but it works :rfid:

1 Like

Added and linked to your post

Thanks

Motorola one 5g ace has really good NFC if y’all want to add to this list more. Antenna is on the back opposite the camera and a bit down.

Added and linked thanks :+1:

1 Like

The Galaxy Fold 3 has been mentioned a few times, but it’s not on the list yet. It gets about the same performance as the Fold 2 with regards to glassies, if not slightly better. The location for getting the best reads is the same as on the Fold 2 as well:

1 Like

Thanks for that, it was probably during the “days of 403 errors”

Added now and linked to your post thanks

NFC on a iPhone 13 will barely background read a card, reads a x-series with a NFC app open in read mode, and won’t background read x-series. Reader is on the top edge of the phone in the top left corner.

2 Likes

I got a OnePlus 9 Pro and the NFC performance has been pretty darn good. Better than the Note 20 Ultra. I can get my xSIID to even light (but not read) with a case on it! The blue mark is the best orientation and position I have found to scan my xSIID and NExT. The red mark is the second best location. With the blue mark, the LED isn’t sitting under the phone, so it’s easy to show people the blinky now compared to the Note 20 Ultra where I had to try and tilt the phone up a little to show the blinkie.

Edit: You can also scan the implant with the top edge of the phone as well like the iPhone. Seems to work best in the middle of the top edge if not slightly to the left (away from cameras).
oneplus-9-pro-2

3 Likes

Updated and linked to both of your posts, Thanks

2 Likes

On my Iphone 8 I have to take off the case for a good read.
And on my Fairphone 3 reading the implants works perfect.

My Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra gets a good read when I place my implants right above the Samsung Logo.

Also, not sure if y’all know this, Samsung has a page to view all the different NFC Detection Areas

8 Likes

That’s an awesome link, I’ll drop that in the 1st wiki post
Cheers

2 Likes

Got the new Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. Noticed my NExT scans right in the middle of the back of the phone.

1 Like

Added to “the list”, Thanks :+1:

1 Like

Welcome,

Make sure you add the old phone too…

Thanks for the post, I have the Pixel 5 also, and I was wondering where the sweet spot was for NFC.

Super quick google would suggest here-ish

The the post you referred to shows it here

So if you have a xFD keyring, you should be able to find it easily