Wiring Wiki / Video Discussion

Eagle sounds like a way better option than Fritzing

2 Likes

Haha, it can be but fritzing has its place if you like the colored lines and things that look like wires / components.

1 Like

Thatā€™s kinda why I chose it. It had pre-done components for the relays, microcontroller, and PN532.
Iā€™m still pretty new to not just tinkering with existing circuitry, so Free was a better option for now.

2 Likes

Just to be clearā€¦

I do not discriminate based on Make, Model, Year, or Drivetrain Orientation. However, no matter how one gets their torque on, once any unit starts slipping on the job, a replacement is in order.

To that effect, a new candidate has been selected, and after a thorough vetting and rebuild, and change of mating hardware (4wd to 2wd), I will have another tranny performing at my command.

1 Like

That is great to hear, as you shouldnā€™t

That sounds quite domineering, but I suppose, since you paid for itā€¦

1 Like

You mean youā€™ve never screamed at a tranny before?

Shift, Dammit SHIFT!!!

1 Like

If it gives you any idea where Iā€™m at and how ridiculous supply chains are right now, Iā€™ve currently got an oddball accessory for a PS3 called a ā€œPS3 eyeā€ stripped down to be repurposed as a webcam.

It works. Iā€™m still trying to fine tune the focus, itā€™s gonna hafta be fixed, which is not great for super close up shots on occasion. Also not sure If Iā€™m gonna get sound or not. Iā€™m using a second hand driver to get it functional. Basically gonna throw the whole housing away and let the camera circuit board hang free.

Sounds like the Xac might be a relic of the past before I can get a decent video up on it.
Thereā€™s always something else though.

1 Like

I know they used to have add on lensā€™, but that might have just been for wide angle???
Something to research, I have a couple but they are " packed away " at the moment

Itā€™s got a two angle narrow / wide setting. Not something with any practical use. I figure Iā€™ll set it narrow and forget about it.

I can get a pretty good close up focus, but Iā€™m gonna be controlling it with shims, so not adjustible, and I canā€™t leave it like that or everything further away will be super fuzzy.

1 Like

Got it done. Verdict isā€¦ Not useable. :cry:

I got a pic so you can see how I put it together. I made and glued on a bracket to hold a bolt, to go to the clamp on the arm. This part works really well.

andā€¦ test vid. Note the close-up focus / not-close-up un-focus. Also picture quality in general is low.

Think Iā€™m gonna be forced to wait until a decent webcam is available for purchase.
Side note: Once people go back to work / school, theyā€™ll probably flood the used market with low cost / high quality units.

3 Likes

Live and learn hey, definitely pic or it didnā€™t happen :wink:

I definitely think your right about the flux of cheap but good quality second hand units appearing after covid blows over

1 Like