X-series extra range

Is anything Amal does not interesting?

Also, when you think you’ve seen all he’s got going, he casually tells you he’s got stuff lying around in his parts box, and you suddenly discover you want that too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d guess it’s just inside,

I always thought the black stuff we always see on non DT chips was parylene, but the China chips I got for 3D printing, it’s just black epoxy inside to pot the electronics

You’re probably right. I didn’t realize you could zoom in on the image. Up close, it looks like the black goo is inside the glass. And all the coated chips I’ve seen have only the coating on half of the surface, and clearly this ain’t it.

It looks kind of fragile, what’s the OD 3mm?

Close to 4 mm.

It’s made for cattle. I assume it’s solid enough to withstand a large cow scratching against a fence or something.

So, the question is rosco greater than or less than a large cow? Lol

1 Like

Or a cow accident?

WC8bB8r

1 Like

Ground beef :slight_smile:

:laughing:

Yeah it’s the resin inside. The outside is smooth glass like all our stuff.

On these I don’t really remember… it’s either 3.85mm or 4mm exactly. I’ll have to grab a calipers… both are size options from Schott

@anon3825968,

Hey whatever happened with this giant essentially xem?

Idk why but I kind like this form factor, but never found out how it performed

It’s in my box of DT parts.

I haven’t found a good use for it yet. My original idea was to stick it in my back alongside my spine. But then I decided against having a large piece of glass running next to my spinal cord - you know, on the off chance that it’s not as solid as it looks and it sends me into a wheelchair :slight_smile: - and I implanted the flexEM in my back instead. I haven’t had a need for its extended range in my hand yet, and it won’t fit in my foot either (and if it did, I’d be worried that it would create problems when I infrequently wear shoes).

So it’s there, waiting to be used one day. I can do a range comparison with a flexEM if you’re interested.

That would be cool if and when you get some spare minutes