xEM AC with keyfob

Remove s3 and throw it away.

If you go to low/ground, the com wire gets hooked to the xac’s ground.

If you go to high/12v then com is hooked to the xac’s 12v.

Note. I dont mean you should hook it that way, its done internally.

2 Likes

Exactly what @ODaily said throw away s3

Alrighty so thanks to you lovely lads I’ve got it all figured out I have it working properly with the temporary power solution and wires electrical taped to the keyfob. Last thing is to wait until this weekend when I can solder it all together. Then I’ll make a proper tutorial for anyone else with the same or similar keyfob

4 Likes

tenor (50)

1 Like

I’m geeking tf out man. Finally got around to soldering everything, only burned myself once. Here is the final product gents. Thanks again to @ODaily @Devilclarke @Pilgrimsmaster and @turbo2ltr (and anyone else I might’ve forgotten) couldn’t have done it without you lads.
(Sorry for portrait I wasn’t thinking)

7 Likes

Mate, that is fricken awesome, and this is not meant to sound condescending, but I am really proud of you. :+1:

My time was not wasted, I’m so stoked you have done it.
You started off with limited knowledge and skills, and now, you completed your first RFID project, with the skills and knowledge to create something new.

Did you take any photos during the build? I for one would love to see your process, nobody will judge your wiring or soldering.
maybe just point out any safety concerns, if there are any…

You should be able to move this thread from Support to Project, or are you going to do up a “proper” Project thread for it?

1 Like

I didn’t but I think with a picture I already have it could sum it up considering most would be just as easy while reading.

Cheers mate

I will but I must admit it’ll be rather brief :joy:

1 Like

I’m still planning to do something similar, but I’ve been concerned about battery drain

Been planning to install the xac v2 in the side mirror

Starting to think about putting a small switch like this on the underside of the mirror so I can turn off if I’m going to be gone for a bit

I drive my car nearly every day so that wasn’t a concern for me personally. But that switch sounds like a good idea.

Personally, I would go for a momentary switch.
Normally Open.

Meaning, the xAC is only powered when you are holding the button.

Just seems like it defeats the convenience

Yeah, kinda, unless you put it where you can do both in one motion.

A capacitive touch switch is another option