xEM access controller for garage door question

2 Likes

Go careful though as the slightly more common LM78xx series are wired as shown.

1 Like

Yup. Releasing the Magic Smoke :zap: :cloud: ~ suuuccckkkkssss!!!

2 Likes

Thanks everyone it works ill probably post some pics and video once I get it all installed. I learned a lot during this including that I need to set up a workspace instead of using th top of my washer and dryer lol.

2 Likes

Got everything set up. It worked before I set it up, now the xac triggers but the relay does not. Also I can’t enroll my chip. The xac doesn’t react at all to the master chip but it does respond to one of the tags, can’t enroll the other tag, any ideas?

There’s an off condition where you can accidentally make a different chip the master. Try using the one it reacts to as a master, and enrolling another chip.

I’ll find a reference.

Here it is.

If that turns out to be it, be sure to give @Compgeek a big ol’ hug for figuring it out for ya!

2 Likes

Ok so I’m about 95% there. This morning I checked the voltage coming into the xac and it was about 5v, then I remembered the power supply I’m using was from a hard drive recovery, the connector has a 12v 2 grounds and a 5v, when I reconnected it after mounting I plugged it in wrong. Now for todays problem, a weird delay I think my implant is registered, I scanned it nothing, start walking away and relay clicks and garage opens. What am I missing now? My capacitor is: Axial Polarized Electrolytic Capacitor, 50uf @ 50VDC, could that cause the delay.

1 Like

Remove the cap :wink: sounds like you have wired it so that its blocking DC, I.E. the circuit (relay) dosnt energize until the capacitor is charge.

Side note the capacitor is only needed to delay off when using a latch, as you are pushing a button / triggering a relay you can omit it.

1 Like

Ok so this is weird I watched the video to register my NeXT, its not working, the supplied tags work. But now when I scan the master there is a three second delay and then the relay clicks and the door opens.

With the cap removed?

Yep with the cap removed. Tried to take a video but the file was too big to upload.

Do the supplied tags also have a delay?

If yes, then you’ve accidentally reset the master key to a different tag. To find out which one, try using each of them ONE AT A TIME as a master to clear all tags. If one of them works, then that’s your new master.

No delay with the fobs, both fobs work and the master works as a delayed fob. Trying to post the vid but its too big, trying to trim it down.

Ok had to really reduce the quality, hope its still watchable. I scan a tag it starts to open the garage, I use the other tag to stop and close the garage. Then I scan the master and wait 3sec light blinks, then I scan it again after 3sec the relay is triggered and the garage opens. But my implant doesn’t work… did I somehow register the master as a fob and a master? Ok so just used the master to clear the tags then re enroled the fob. Still can’t enroll my chip and if I scan the master and don’t scan anything else the door opens. Wishing I would have waited for the V2, I’m learning a lot so thats good.

I think, and I’m pretty sure, that the delay / activation on the master is normal. Scroll down on this page to the second video about programming tags. There’s 3 seconds of time after the master tag is presented for you to present the tag being enrolled. (It says so in comments above the video.)

My guess is, that it’s not seeing a tag, therefore giving you an all clear blip when your 3 seconds are up, which incidentally is activating your door.

This is probably because your having a harder time getting a read with your implant.

Try this:
Present the master for 10 seconds to clear all tags.
Then see if it will let you re-enroll them.
If an enroll happens properly, you shouldn’t get the 3 second delayed light. ( and door opening)

If that works, then we just gotta get your tag enrolled.
It may be sensitive to angle and position. I see the reader is situated vertically. Pick it up (within your 3 seconds to enroll) and try to match the angle and position of your implant.

1 Like

Thank you sir you are correct. Its really weird it won’t enroll my chip. But if my chip is near it I won’t get the all clear click untill I pull my hand away, is my chip the problem, please say no lol.

I really doubt it. But, just to be clear, have you done any writing to it? Blue cloner? Proxmark?

Most likely it’s just an angle and position mismatch. Try getting it as close and parallel as possible.

1 Like

Nope I haven’t done any writing to it. I’ve tried every angle, ill keep trying. Thanks.

Hmmm. I may be outta my depth if it’s a chip interface issue.

I’d be tempted to try and read the chip and see if it’s configured properly, but outta my depth. Gonna throw up the bat signal.

@amal @Satur9

Lol thanks, still haven’t found anyone near me with a proxmark so ill have to figure something out.