xEM access controller for garage door question

Yup

I been thinking about this one all day, basically I only see one possibility, bad interface between implant and reader. Even if you know exactly where it is, it can be kinda hit and miss until you get used to exactly where to place it.

My suggestion:
Make a fist and then draw a line on your hand with a sharpie right over the top of the implant. The fist makes tight skin so it can’t move around, the line makes it super obvious. Then try to enroll it the normal way. Make sure the line is as parallel to the reader/antenna as possible. Try moving it a little ahead, or a little behind. Once you find the sweet spot it oughta take it.

1 Like

Could be the electronics in the unit are faulty. They’re definitely not high quality internals, they just have the best antennas.

Is there any metal within 6 inches of the antenna? Also, does the unit exhibit any other strange behavior other than not reading your tag? Do you have access to any other LF readers, like maybe the door swipes at work or a library or something, that would beep to indicate the LF side of your NExT is working alright?

1 Like

Out of work and library is closed so no luck there. Any ideas what I should check inside the unit?

Nah, sorry m8. I don’t use the xAC very often. I can play around with it and see if the behavior of yours is unexpected beyond just not reading the implant, but I’ll have to do it later.

No worries ill play around with mine. If you have some time awesome if not no problem.

Keep messing with it, and if you can’t get it going by this weekend, I’ve got one I can send for testing purposes. Only caveat is, I want it back. But at least you’d know if it’s the xAC or not.

Thanks for the offer. I might just order a v2 when I get some extra money that and a proxmark 3 easy.

1 Like

I’d say you earned a break… ping the orange floaty help button on the website with shipping info and/or your original order number and we’ll ship you an xAC v2 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Done. You know you are one hell of a guy. I know theres not a lot of choice out there but you can be sure I will continue coming to you with all of my cyborg needs. (Especially when the apex comes out lol)

4 Likes

Finally it has all worked out. Thanks to Amal and my new xac v2, my opener works like a dream. In case anyone was wondering, the v2 fits really well in the v1 housing.

6 Likes

Awesome news buddy

Good to know, also don’t forget

1 Like

Should we add a 3d Printer section to the Cloning Wiki? (The where to find people to help you with implant-related stuff Wiki)
Or ping Get Compgeek to add it to the relevant thread

I kinda feel like pinging Pilgrim or myself (or any of the regulars really) is kinda irrelevant at this point, we all end up here!

I like the idea of ‘where to find a printer’, but i think a lot of areas already have facebook groups for that with thousands more people than we have here. Maybe we could link to the appropriate groups?

I get that. I meant more as far as like ‘Add me to the list’ type of thing rather than ‘look, a post’

I always forget about the facebook groups for local printers or makerspaces. Most the ones I’m in are for ‘My printer isn’t working, how do I fix it’

1 Like

No we don’t, and you can’t prove that…

Smoke bomb Samurai

3 Likes

No idea what your talking about

2 Likes

I think what you meant to say was:-

Smoke bomb Samurai Kreiger

4 Likes

6 Likes

Surely they can program better advertising bots than this.