xEM access controller for garage door question

I have no clue how many times I have gone up and down with my garage door already tonight :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Just wait till company comes over.

“Here, hold my beer, and watch this shit.”

1 Like

Pretty much already started I sent tons of videos out :rofl:

1 Like

This is why this community is great!
“I have x problem”
many iterations and helpful comments later
“problem solved and working great, thanks for the help. Pics and video to come”
post updated and left for future generations of implantees to gleem from

3 Likes
this was the video from last night
5 Likes

I see that expression on your face there. You are now officially addicted.

There is no cure, time to learn to solder.

Also, as both a Cyborg and a Redneck, let me officially state. WOOOO HOOOO !!!

4 Likes

The smile says it all! Well done!

2 Likes

Thanks yall I DEFINITELY would not have figured it out if it weren’t for all of yall! And trust me I got a lot of tips on my soldering last night lol. I have never used lead free or ever put the solder on the iron’s tip before. (no wonder my soldering has always looked like crap)… Need less to say @ODaily… YES I am addicted! Already looking into seeing what else I can do! Toolbox, Harley, deadbolts are all soon to come, and my buddy had the idea to make my alarm clock only shut off if I scan it. He said he will never get a chip but he wants to help me do stuff.

2 Likes

A good middle ground for some people who want the convenience but don’t want an implant can be an RFID wrist band - that’s what I’ve done for my mum. She loves the convenience aspect of not having to carry a fob or keys and doesn’t mind the extra step of putting it on in the morning - might be good for your mate if he’s interested in playing with RFID with you.

2 Likes

Most of my friends are iffy about it and think I am just being lazy, but the more I do with it the more I think they will start to come around to it

1 Like

One thing Victor mentioned was I might want to think about putting a inline fuse to the xEM controller and same thing for my Harley. Does anyone know how many amps it draws so I know what size fuse to get?

less than 1A, if remember it was 100 or so mA

1 Like

This is awesome. I haven’t gotten to work on this project cause I’m not leaving my house and trying not to order anything not necessary. Now someone else was able to use the post to get the same project done and I can ask him when I get stuck cause his set up looks like what I am gonna need to do.

2 Likes

Ah, yes. The student has become the master.

Just a thought for @Steven1727
Get some paper and diagram the whole wiring mess. Going through the process to commit it to paper will really improve your understanding of just what’s going on. It sounds stupid, but trust me it works.

2 Likes

Not only will I do that but I will post it on here as well so everyone knows that they have the same problem

3 Likes

Also in 5 years time when you need to adjust / fix / change out, you will have a good record to access and remind yourself

2 Likes

Okay y’all… Been working nights and finally in a routine now and was able to draw out the schematic. Don’t laugh too hard but crayons are all I had :rofl: … And just realized I forgot to draw in the damn diode :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Can someone run through the two relay system again? I understand that the first relay is allowing the signal wire to switch the full 12V through to the second but why does he need a second relay? Why can’t switching 86 and 87 of the door be done in a single relay? Thanks

1 Like

It was either a second relay or do a momentary switch. I had a second relay in my toolbox so made that work. For some reason my garage door controller is crazy technical and could not have a normal button. The button has a circuit board with two data wires coming out of it. By soldering the two wires to the button and connecting them to 86 and 87 of the second relay it tricks the circuit board to thinking that the button is being pressed and released.

2 Likes

the output of relay 1 is used to switch relay 2 which jumps the switch.

If you used a small (sugar cube relay) you could probably have the xAC just drive that

1 Like