xEM access controller for garage door question

He said he should be free Wednesday or Thursday :man_facepalming:. Iā€™m going to feel like Iā€™m waiting on Christmas to get here lol. But I did get the controller paired with my NExT.

2 Likes

source (2)

2 Likes

Careful. Itā€™s addictive. Youā€™ll just wanna do it over and over.

2 Likes

Iā€™m already seeing that lol I have been thinking of all kinds of things I can do once I learn how to solder better.

Update:

Had to put a relay at the wall buttonā€¦ Have 12 volts going from the relay at the xEM controller to the relay attached to the garage door button. Relay on the garage door button is acting as a momentary switch. Everything works right now will post a video tomorrow after I get the wiring cleaned up. Thanks for all the help! THIS IS SO COOL!!!

3 Likes

4 Likes

Glad you got it working, mate! Now youā€™ve had a taste of it, youā€™ll be actively walking around for things to our RFID readers on!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s awesome. Be careful you donā€™t wear out the door.

3 Likes

I have no clue how many times I have gone up and down with my garage door already tonight :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Just wait till company comes over.

ā€œHere, hold my beer, and watch this shit.ā€

1 Like

Pretty much already started I sent tons of videos out :rofl:

1 Like

This is why this community is great!
ā€œI have x problemā€
many iterations and helpful comments later
ā€œproblem solved and working great, thanks for the help. Pics and video to comeā€
post updated and left for future generations of implantees to gleem from

3 Likes
this was the video from last night
5 Likes

I see that expression on your face there. You are now officially addicted.

There is no cure, time to learn to solder.

Also, as both a Cyborg and a Redneck, let me officially state. WOOOO HOOOO !!!

4 Likes

The smile says it all! Well done!

2 Likes

Thanks yall I DEFINITELY would not have figured it out if it werenā€™t for all of yall! And trust me I got a lot of tips on my soldering last night lol. I have never used lead free or ever put the solder on the ironā€™s tip before. (no wonder my soldering has always looked like crap)ā€¦ Need less to say @ODailyā€¦ YES I am addicted! Already looking into seeing what else I can do! Toolbox, Harley, deadbolts are all soon to come, and my buddy had the idea to make my alarm clock only shut off if I scan it. He said he will never get a chip but he wants to help me do stuff.

2 Likes

A good middle ground for some people who want the convenience but donā€™t want an implant can be an RFID wrist band - thatā€™s what Iā€™ve done for my mum. She loves the convenience aspect of not having to carry a fob or keys and doesnā€™t mind the extra step of putting it on in the morning - might be good for your mate if heā€™s interested in playing with RFID with you.

2 Likes

Most of my friends are iffy about it and think I am just being lazy, but the more I do with it the more I think they will start to come around to it

1 Like

One thing Victor mentioned was I might want to think about putting a inline fuse to the xEM controller and same thing for my Harley. Does anyone know how many amps it draws so I know what size fuse to get?

less than 1A, if remember it was 100 or so mA

1 Like