xEM Access Controller v2 - increase relay delay time

And I just saw another issue. But I’m out for dinner. Give me a minute and I’ll fix it.

And… I’m back.

There, all better now.

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I’ll get to it soon :ok_hand: :card_keyfob:

1 Like

I had to dig out my xAC v2 to check, the relay is driven by a transistor that’s located between it and the eprom chip socket. There’s also a small flyback diode nested in there. Adding a capacitor in paralel with the coil of the relay shouldn’t harm anything.

And sorry for the late reply, I was busy with life and I’m still unpacking from a recent move as you can probably tell:disappointed:

3 Likes

I’ve said it before, and I’m a gonna keep on saying it. I love how the people on this forum just help everybody out. :wink:

@AlexG , it looks like you’re good to go without the extra relay. Just connect the cap between 2 and 5 the way I labeled them on your pic. Make sure the negative side of the cap is on 5. There’s a stripe on that side (its a black stripe in the example pic below) , and the wire will be shorter on that side too.

Untitled

I would also advise you to try it by just touching the cap to the circuit and seeing how long it takes. You will most likely need to try a few to get the timing right. Trust me, you don’t want to solder and then remove capacitors 2-3 times to get it right.

4 Likes

Oh yeah, Hello, yes, I like everything that happens on this forum, thanks to everyone who helps in difficult times - to solve the problem that has happened… Someone will always advise and help. You are the best!! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

And finally I did it. I played it safe and still installed an additional relay according to the drawings in the posts above. The capacitor was selected experimentally - 3700 mF 16 V. It provides the necessary relay delay.
In the video, xEM works with my NExT.
(In the second half of the video, you can hear a delay in the operation of the additional relay (for some reason you can hear a very loud click in the video, in fact the sound is barely audible - this is a sensitive smartphone microphone)))
Thank you all very much for your help!

2 Likes