xEM Self Implant

Hi, my name is Ari.

I’ve had the xNT in my right hand for about 3 years now. No issues whatsoever, sometimes I even forget I have it in there. It’s a great conversation starter, and more importantly a great and amazingly cool piece of tech.

Now, I bought the xEM a while ago. Stored it in my closet because I didn’t have anyone to do the implant for me. After a while, I started to consider doing it myself, but I got busy. Now I have someone that might be able to do it, but I’m drawn to the idea of me being the one doing it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to teach myself about the process? How to practice injection on other things? (rubber, oranges, etc) Any tips and tricks would be highly appreciated. Also, if someone in NY has done this before and is willing to meet up with me, I’ll pay for the food :slight_smile:

P.s. attched is an image of me getting my first implant done. Yes, I used to be a Hasidic Jew.

1 Like

There is a partner in NY.

Any reason you can’t go to him?

I did my xNT on my own. It was much easier then I thought it would be. Just press it in pull back and depress the plunger. Sure it hurt but I’ve had worse. The one thing I wasn’t ready for that the feeling of heat that came over me. Passing out is a possibility, I took it real slow a piercer would have been much faster. It would be a good idea to have someone you trust present. However mine healed up with no bruising at all possibly because I took it so slow and allowed the fascia time to spread.

Feel where the metacarpal bone is mark it with a sharpie. Find the highpoint of the bump when you bring your thumb in. The insertion point doesnt really matter just so long as you inject parallel to the metacarpal and leave the implant around the high point of the bump. I used a clamp to tent the skin up then just pressed the injector in bevel side up.

TLDR: You’ll be fine. These chips can be injected anywhere. The hand is just a great place for it.

Hey turbo2ltr and zerocover,
Thanks for the replies!

The reason I wanna do it myself is that I believe that I can, and I’m passionate about bio-hacking. Sure, I can hire someone to do it, but that takes a significant amount of the fun out.

Zerocover, thank you so much for this info. Any chance I can get on a quick call to discuss it with you? Are you in NYC by any chance? I hope I’m not breaking any forum rules by asking for direct contact. If I am, please disregard this part of my message.

1 Like

I would practice on hard boiled eggs & plums closest approximation to flesh I can think of & they are smaller so you get a better feeling for how to manipulate the finger

I want the bio hacker title too and keep saying that I will self install my next implant. We will see, my next one is on its way…Spark2…

I would practice on hard boiled eggs & plums closest approximation to flesh I can think of

Neither resembles flesh in the slightest. Get a chicken or a pig’s head or feet at the supermarket: it’'s much closer. For the best approximation of course, hunting game or roadkill are the best.