xEM with an LED?

Is this in the works? I don’t have any implants yet but I’m getting the xSIID. I want an xEM but I really like the indicator that tells you the chip is coupling properly with the reader. Is there some limitation to this that would make this impossible?

1 Like

I believe the current best solution is an xLED implanted along side the xEM, so long as the position you want for the xEM allows for safely fitting two implants, that is

Would position 0 be a good spot for both? I plan on getting it in my left hand. Have to wait a bit though as I broke my right wrist and am forced to exclusively use my left hand…

1 Like

If there is enough room in 0 then sure as long as you can keep around 5mm between them so they don’t crash together and break from an external blunt force.

1 Like

Just start adding LEDs to everything. I will find room

5 Likes

It’s actually quite annoying to try to add an LED to a low frequency transponder chip. The xSIID does it by using a chip that actually has energy harvesting features and controls the current to the LED through a separate output. Trying to add an LED and parallel to a transponder chip on an antenna coil is kind of like a black magic balancing act and it just doesn’t work out a lot of the time. It’s far easier to just tune and antenna to work with an LED alone.

3 Likes

I’m assuming it’s not the first time this has been suggested,

But what about 2 coils then like a next,

1 lf coil for a led in the bottom for easier sealing,
1 lf coil for a t5577 on the top

2 Likes

Problem is the LED takes significantly more power to light up and performance function than the t5577 chip. That means a much larger antenna winding and ferrite core is necessary to achieve performance.

2 Likes

Yeah I dont care about functionality- I just want more lights in my skin.

#blinkiesforstinkies

7 Likes

I’m gonna have to agree here #blinkiesforstinkies

1 Like

How much larger would the implant have to be compared to a NExT? Also how much thicker can the implant be before it won’t fit in the injector?

And the hashtag of the year award goes to…

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

How is this being conquered with the NExT2?

it’s a HF led in the next2 i believe. basically an xsiid + xem

1 Like

Yes gimme. I want this.

Oh interesting - so theoretically the LED would only activate when using the NFC-side of the implant?

1 Like

Correct, that’s exactly how it will work

2 Likes