xG3 Biomagnet -- suggested locations

how’d that happen?

3 Likes

I have a bolt on kit for a bike, and it can go around 42 mph in 8th gear.

I was doing 30, and I hit a patch of sand. I got this in my thigh.

23 staples and nerve damage later.

2 Likes

I had nerve damage on half my foot from a rope mishap, it was all numb for like three months. After that I just wished it had stayed numb cause it was on fire for like another two months. Still to this day I’ll get a random feeling like someone’s pouring acid on my foot… apparently it’s what happens when nerves are being fixed…they’re wonky for a bit. I think next time I get nerve damage I’m gonna hope it stays damaged.

Small incision, grab nerve and pull it out.
I did it and I am feeling better than ever :+1:

no don’t do it

Apologies if this was already answered but I didn’t see it,

How strong is the xg3?
Looking to maybe use it as a small parts holder on the top of my hand

According to Amal’s post here, the magnet in the xG3 is 2.4mm wide by 12mm long. According to this calculator, on the outside of your skin (2-3mm away) a piece of metal will experience 0.01lbs (~5g) of pull force. So you could lift 5 paper clips or a few screws no problem.

Hmm
@amal
Any stronger options in the works?
Want lift thing and not put them down

Not likely from us… maybe some specialty biohacking people out there might make some seriously big magnets with thick coatings… but these would be for forearms and such, not hands.

1 Like

Hope they consider the problem of skin dying away when attaching something to a magnet for a not-so-really-long-period-of-time… I know Steve experimented with that, and problems occured pretty fast

1 Like

Steve Haworth said somewhere that he tried a lot.
He even joked that every now and then someone plays with big magnets until someones skin dies.
Based on that and looking at his magnets I assume you don’t really want a big magnet.

1 Like

Yeah I was going to go into the whole necropsy thing but my phone keyboard isn’t the best input method. Basically you strangle and crush skin between magnet and object and it dies. Magnet falls out. Nasty scar. Possible infection. Have fun!

3 Likes

Magnetic problems in a nutshell :smiley:

I’m really surprised that, from time to time, people try that out again - he is very vocal about those problems, so one could simply believe that guy. I think he knows what he’s doing :wink:

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, how long is not so long?
I can’t be assed to look it up. Maybe you know… :slight_smile:

Hang on a second, I’ll search for it… I think it was something around 20 minutes or so, but I’ll verify it^^

1 Like

I didn’t want to say it but I also remembered 20 minutes so I think that’s about right.

That ain’t much, that’s for sure.

Yep, it’s 20 minutes - check around 6:30 on this video

3 Likes

Funny, that’s the exact video I have this info from.
Good video.

1 Like

Thanks!

absolutely - I love how calm and well-thought he talks, he just knows what he’s talking about. And still did a whole lot of really experimental (and risky) stuff :wink:

1 Like