xG3 Biomagnet -- suggested locations

Fixed to avoid confusion. I was just meaning when I went to that time point, he mentions it is 20 minutes to it being crushed, 6 hours to necrosis.

That tourniquet rule was from my army days specifically.

2 Likes

makes perfect sense under battle conditions that would warrant a tourniquet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tq usage has changed a lot,

My most recent tq training, 30 minutes was accepted as the medical line, anything beyond needs medical removal because of various chemical buildups (potassium?) from the limb

Sudden dump of that back into system can cause serious cardio issues, trained hospital staff have stuff to help counter that effect

The 4-6 hours is far short

I think there’s been several 20 hour limb tq usage without loss

“Loosening a tq” is bad form don’t do it, you put it on to prevent traumatic hemorrhage, loosening it won’t feed the limb it will just cause more hemorrhage

They have been, I can link you to the organization that sets a lot of these standards if you’d like, they also approve various TQ models, I think there are 5 now they approve of

Dull 15 page read warning

3 Likes

I’m guessing if someone wanted to anchor something to their skin magnetically, they could probably do it safely with several weaker magnetic anchor points rather than a single powerful one.

Or does any kind of continuous pinch end up damaging the skin, and it’s just a matter of time?

Yea the more I think about it, the less I want what I initially wanted, I guess the skin is probably a lot less resilient than I thought when it gets super thin over an implant like I initially thought

Conventional thinking is that it will kill it eventually. Even wearing a watch tight on the wrist for a few hours turns the skin under white and clammy… imagine a force strong enough to secure the watch just to the skin under it.

I’m thinking light watch and 4, 6 or 8 weak magnets, in that particular use case - the idea being that people can wear a watch year round if it’s not too tight.

The primary problem with magnetically attached things is that even if you had maximum strength magnets attached directly in contact with another set of magnets, it still pales in comparison to forces that watchbands routinely encounter when doing simple things like putting on clothes, putting hands in pockets, etc. that the entire premise becomes impractical in reality. If you just wanted to do a photoshoot or some art project then sure it’s cool… but not practical.

The only cool thing I’ve seen is a nose bridge piercing with magnets on each side and glasses without ear pieces clipped on to it magnetically. In this case it’s actually a good thing the glasses could come loose as being directly attached to the piercing would cause tissue damage.

1 Like

How do cochlear implants factor into this?
I was under the impression the external portion locks on via magnet

Cochlear implants are different in that the magnet is screwed into the bone on one side (so it doesn’t push against the inner side of the skin) and the implant outside tries to distribute the force on the skin over a wider area. Still leads to problem apparently though…

Which version of xG3 do you use: x1 axially magnetized or x2 diametrically magnetized?

At the time of that post, only the xG3 v1 (aka axially magnetized) was available :slight_smile: that post was in June of 2019, the xG3 v2 released in February 2021. The xG3 v2 is a fairly new product.

2 Likes

Finally, I feel recovered after the injection of the NExT chip, and I plan to do the injection of an xG3. I completely read this topic, so I am not creating a new one, I just want someone to tell me if I understood everything correctly.
The first question concerns the place for the magnet. Tell me, will there be any problems in case of injection into the place shown in the video?

Video

The second question concerns the location of the needle. Should it look like in the photo?

Photo

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Sorry to necro bump this old thread-

I got the xG3 v1 put in by a professional (Weirdo’s in Belton, MO) on Saturady Apr 30th, so, 11 days ago. Within the hour of getting it put in, it had Bilbo Banggins’d its way to be at a right angle from the injection site. I think this is fine, but I thought I’d post a picture and get thoughts. It’s also taking its sweet time to heal, much longer than what I experienced with either the xNT (below this one, closer to the thumb) or the xEM (other hand). In part I expect this is due to the needle size, as the wound here is just so much larger, still here’s a picture. Any tips for after care?

1 Like

The xg3 needle is thicc-r , but there’s also the bevel orientation that matters, depending on bevel direction it can fold the skin a bit funny possibly effect healing time

As for wound healing… looks fine to me, don’t pick at it and just let it do it’s thing

2 Likes