Xg3 non sensing implant locations

I decided to make a follow up post since the previous one is long enough, adding more infos here then.

My xG3 magnet video exactly HERE!

And here a picture to explain.

I marked the magnets black here, incision are marked with white arrows. (I tried to make the black markers approximately as big as the xG3 is, so you might be able to imagine how big my hands / fingers are.

4 Likes

Definitely the best xG3 magnet video that I have ever seen.
Great share :+1:

2 Likes

Just fyi guys… we are working on xG3 v2… probably available in January. You can see from the video with the viewing film (I’m now getting some of that film!) that the xG3 is axially magnetized.

This was done to sort of allow the xG3 to act as both a sensing magnet and a lifting magnet… with the ability to push and pull lengthwise to any modulating field encountered.

The xG3 v2 will be diametrically magnetized, and it will work much better as a lifting magnet. The xG3 v2 will not push or pull but spin in place when opposing fields are encountered, which in a fully healed fibrous encapsulation, will not do much to activate tactile nerves… but the lifting power will be much much stronger.

15 Likes

So, like:

xG3 v1

xG3 v2

3 Likes

Lol, that’s all cool…

But I was asking about my arm

Should I expect to feel ANYTHING even in my arm with less nerves?

3 Likes

I would say yes… If you get near a field that is powerful enough to vibrate the implant.

No vibration, no feeling.

Yeah, sorry I didn’t expect that my post would go in such a direction… :sweat_smile:

As mostly I think it depends on the location and a good placement there. BUT…

…also no nerves, no feeling…

I remember last year I had a very annoying conversation with someone who had a xG3 inside of the hand (yes okay again not inside of the arm… But…)this person said that there is no feedback at all. Absolutely zero feedback! I couldn’t believe it but meanwhile I think it could be possible. But that location was a area with no big nerves somewhere near the knife edge… This person said absolutely no feeling there. In the arm it’s even more difficult to place the magnet near a nerve… So I think you might feel nothing at all, or only a little bit. That’s why I tried to give a other option where the magnet is not in the way like inside of a fingertip.

But also I remember that some beta testers had the xG3 somewhere in the arm near the wrist… (Where are they right now? They should be able to answer your question…but since no one answered who has it in the arm I wanted to show you other options…(sorry if my locations are not helpful for you.)

Haven’t heard anything about sensing from them if I remember correctly. So most likely you will end up with no, or only a little feedback from it inside of the arm. But I can’t tell you for sure because I can only judge my placements…

Do the nerves not go throughout your body? Hence why I can feel a bee sting me anyplace?

I understand that it being closer to a nerve will give better feedback. But if I put a xG3 on top my forearm, I would argue that if it vibrates, I should be able to feel it. It would be next to a nerve of a sort, just might not be a sensitive one.

No, It won’t be a sensing magnet vibrations or feeling. I just struggle to think I wouldn’t feel anything if it was vibrating.

It’s related to the density and type of the corpuscles in that area. Different nerve corpuscles are tuned for different frequency ranges, and if I recall correctly the ones we’re interested in for sensing magnets are the Meissner’s corpuscle, which are only present in certain areas/layers of your skin

2 Likes

That makes sense. I guess I figured if it vibrates, it would get felt if it was strong enough.

By no means would an implant in my forearm be used to try and sense fields, it would be like a one off sense if that makes sense?

Correct
Meissners are for fine touch and low frequency vibrations;
Pacman ( Damn always forget this one, but Pacman is close ) are for heavy pressure high frequency vibration.

EDIT
Pacinian close enough…

2 Likes

Sorry I was a bit tired when I wrote this, of course nerves are nearly everywhere also inside of my body :sweat_smile:

Thanks for clarifying. This was what I had in mind but I didn’t find the right words for it yesterday and then I forgot to edit my post before going to work tonight. (damn night shift…)

4 Likes

No worries.

I am dealing with Nerve damage and stuff in my leg right now. That is partly why I am trying to inquire more.

I agree with you that a xG3 in the arm will likely not feel a microwave. But if a transformer blows out next to you, I bet you would feel that. That is all I was getting at.

1 Like

Is release still scheduled for January? :grimacing::magnet:

1 Like

Yep! We have them… I’m waiting for Michelle to send me lot samples for testing.

5 Likes

That’s great news this and the titan will be an awesome upgrade for the current magnet market. Do you know if the titan discount will apply and if so have you decided on the price / discount?

3 Likes

So, silly question but… why not call it the xG4?

Maybe, because it’s not 4mm?

1 Like

Yeah
Gauss
and 3mm

1 Like

Aah right okay, it’s a dimensional thing, not a version number.