xLED implant questions?

So I self implanted an xLED (HF) 2 days ago. Just wondering when I’ll be able to get a good read on it? I’ve tried NFC reading apps on my iPhone X and it won’t pick it up. Also is it normal for my hand to feel a bit weird and sore? It migrated a bit closer to the incision site so i’m slightly worried it’ll reject, though the incision is scabbed over.

1 Like

The xLED doesn’t get read, just powered by the reader
Wait for the swelling to go down

Soreness is pretty normal for a few days.

1 Like

Okay thanks!

1 Like

just take care of it and dont muck around with it for a few days, let it heal, a little bit of migration is pretty normal.
I love showing mine off :slight_smile: enjoy!

2 Likes

Was it red or white?

Red is more impressive then the lf white imo

Took about 3 weeks for the white to be even this visible, possibly longer healing time because i also got the next next to it. Not sure if the lf on the next is also suckung some of the power.

mine is white… yeah red is more impressive! I hope white will show up on me. When it was healing how long did it take for your hand to feel normal again? Mine feels tight/sore and my thumb is kind of numb right now? Just really worried I messed up installing it :confused:

what are you using to get it to light up?

Iclass reader for the HF red, proxpoint for LF white. The duty cycle of the phones NFC is 10 blinks (for me) then waits a while. The iclass constantly energises the LED with a flicker.
Took about 3 weeks for the little itch to disappear, occasionally have a little tingle in L0. R0 had no issues at all.
If you are concerned, see a doc. Worst that can happen is your instincts are correct.

1 Like

Only just reread original post. 2 days, keep it clean and dont play with if. It might be a little painful and unusual feeling for a bit. I had mine installed by a piercer, a mate who self installed had a few weird feelings for a few weeks after. I think there may be a little more “damage” to repair with a self install. Angle of the dangle.

1 Like

Yeah, I can see how there might be more “damage”. Today my hand actually feels pretty normal. Was probably just nerves trying to regrow or it healing.

2 Likes