xLED LF and HF questions

Hello everybody!

I would like to get some LF xLED implants, but unfortunatelly they are unavailable right now. So I have a few of questions regarding them.

• Are there any plans for producing more of LF xLED implants?
  • Is there any possibility for releasing sth like xSIID, but in LF variant? (xEM + led)
  • Is there any possibility for for producing xLEDs (both LF and HF) with different led colors? xSIID is not an option, because I am concerned about readability of several implants located close to each other.
  • In theoretical theory, is it possible somehow to order batch of xLEDs with customised led color? If so, how much this will cost? Probably I will manage to find some more people willing to get one or several of them.

Thanks for the answers!

2 Likes

Hey Ivan

I’m also interested in more xled stock but may I add that I absolutely love my Xsiid. Something about being able to program it with my phone as well as see it couple is just amazing.

1 Like

yep :slight_smile: coming soon™

not really… the chip + LED + crazy amount of inductance required means a very difficult time making these things work together inside a tiny glass tube.

yep… multi-color xLED (no chip) in LF and HF coming soon™

not really customized… each color LED requires a lot of design, engineering, and some trial and error to get right. this is due to the fact we are using the capacitance of the LED module itself as part of the L/C circuit, but LEDs are not sold with capacitance being considered important information, so you don’t even get that information on data sheets for LEDs… and also, because it’s not considered an important aspect of component design or engineering, you can get huge variances on capacitance values per component. There are no tolerances offered or documented for the capacitance of LED components… it makes including them in these types of designs very difficult, so we work hard on specific colors from specific manufacturers and once we sort it out we attempt a production run and filter out the under-performing ones… basically.

4 Likes

That seems incredibly time consuming to test each individual one

that’s why we focus on narrowing down a make and model that has the least variance first. we do QA checks for pretty much all our stuff at multiple points so a final functional check is just part of the deal, and we do catch a few DOAs and under-performers at this stage.

the one thing we really have a hard time with is the sterilization process because for products in injectors, we can’t do a final functional test after this step, and EO gas is still a somewhat high temperature process. if there are any thermal expansion issues with the small connections, particularly between antenna and silicon die, this can be where we have some failures crop up that we can’t effectively test for.

2 Likes

Not that this is at all helpful. But for each of my implants I was able to get a read as well as write to them to test them before installing while still in the syringe and the sealed pack.

Used a flipper to test a read on each and on the Xsiid I was actually able to write to it with my phone through the whole sealed package. Like the one that has the desire and gloves in it.

So if you wanted to add another step in your qa you totally can read the chips through the iO sealed bag in the syringe

did you have to eject the chip a bit from the needle to do this or was the chip entirely within the needle? also what phone are you using :slight_smile:

To be fair, we are aware that the HALO pet scanner with updated firmware to read EM chips can also read chips inside needles / pouches but only if it’s inserted into the hole in the middle where your hand should go.

It should technically be possible to build a large loop antenna and high power reader that can read ISO14443A chips inside the needle, but I’ve not had the skill to build such a thing.

I’d definitely pay someone to build a large HF / LF double loop testing station we can easily pass sealed pouches through for final testing… just needs a green light & beep for HF and LF on good read. Would need to read 125khz EM chips and 13.56mhz ISO14443A chips (including mifare, ultralight, ntag, and smartcard chips like P60 and P71 chips).

any takers?

Pixel 7 with the Resonance Loop on it.

Nope, didnt touch the plunger at all, scanned through the pack and all.

i also have an uninstalled Xem i can test with.

2 Likes

Scans and writes with my phone just fine.

Scans with the flipper perfectly well too

2 Likes

The flipper is surprising… glad to know a phone is almost able to do it without help, so perhaps we can sort out some kind of passive loop adapter for an ACR1252 or something for HF.

@Satur9 sounds easily be able to design a new set of antennas that would work with your card reader and you could just swap them I would imagine. But that’s with my limited knowledge. I feel like the antenna size shouldn’t matter much if it’s being powered

it matters unfortunately… as passive adapter can effectively change the shape of the field, forcing flux to be more intense at certain points in space. if you wanted to attach a different antenna to a reader for example, you can keep the inductance the same or adjust capacitance tuning to match your new inductance, the larger you make your loop the more power you need to push to fully saturate the space in and around the loop… but the more power you push, the harder it is to “hear” the tag response.

That makes sense. Well I know there’s a known repo out there for an RFID reader and I have about 5 unused picos. I might take a crack at this. I don’t have enameled wire though…

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Magnetic+winding+wire

:slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s what I use for the proxmark antenna :+1:
I can do some test see if I can make a large LF antenna

2 Likes

First of all - thank you for the answers!

Thats unfortunate :frowning:

And this is great. Waiting to get one of those :slight_smile:

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Let’s just say I’ll have to explain to my wife in a month when my AliExpress order of random ass stuff shows up as I test a couple quick ideas. Shoot me your required list of cards

1 Like