How exactly do xSIID leds work; possible idea

I was wondering; do the xSIID leds light up upon sensing any specific data transfer, or just in the presence of selected frequencies?

If the latter, how selective are they?

My thought is, say, 3 or 4 LEDs on the back of a hand or something that respond to 4 different frequencies.

Then, an SDR transmitter that can send out different signals, lighting each LED independantly.

So using a device (like an FZero, arduino, etc.) you could have it transmit from say, a bracelet, and have a little binary readout or blink pattern, etc.

Is this something remotely possible?

The idea of having a wolf tatoo with lights that blink red on command or being able to say “Lumos” and have a white led light your fingertip up is pretty awesome.

2 Likes

While being technically connected to the chip it is only connected to a power harvesting output that harvests energy whenever a field is present. It’s not connected to the logic side so there is no need for data transfer.

Given how small the antenna is and how power hungry the led is you can’t deviate much from the tuned frequency

This is vagely related

And this is a bit more related

2 Likes

To do what you’re saying you would need to make the equivalent to an xLED in multiple different tuned frequencies and the a (quite powerful) emitter that could cover the entire area where they all are and produce those frequencies.

Making the LEDs is quite simple but for the device I don’t know of any off-the-shelf options

That said you already have to usable and standard frequencies (HF, LF) and a Flipper does both. So you could use two xLEDs and a custom script on a flipper and have a two bit display.

The range would suck though and you would struggle to see and power them at the same time

[Also your username sounds french, have you seen the Biohacking Francophone group on Facebook and discord?]

3 Likes

multi-color xLED in LF and HF coming soon you say? How soon are we talking here?

Soon™

4 Likes