XNT chip iPhone

Hi so I was wondering is it normal for a iPhone not to read my nfc tag if you program it to a url because my iPhone only reads my chip only if I’m in NFC Tools

The only thing I have programmed to it right now is my popl link

Is it an iPhone 8 or older?

No it’s a iPhone 13

Make sure you look up where the antenna orientation, and that you are perpendicular with your chip

There is a good video on the subject on the DT YouTube

Thank you Amal

iPhone/iOS only background reads NDEF formatted tags and will only react if there is a URL in slot 1.

1 Like

Also an extra warning

Just as an NDEF record correct?
You didn’t add your NExT as a Sticker via the app did you?

I think POPL adds a password to the NTAG.

I’m not sure if the password to remove it is known :man_shrugging:

But if it’s just a url in NDEF you will be fine

Hola,

Bringing back the topic alive :joy:

Is this the correct way the NDEF record should show? (See screenshot)
Because I’m still unable to get a read (background read, without app) on my friend’s iPhone 14. The only way is using an app to scan NFC.

What’s that app and authenticating the tag stuff about? I’ve seen it, but the app is not available on Play Store for my phone (Samsung S20 Ultra 5G). What’s the point of doing that?

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

See your protocol field? lets remove the https:// from there, and put that at the front of the URI

like this (using tagwriter)

I just wrote that to mine, and it works

The phone options

Your link

Sorry, I should have mentioned, but it does work with my Samsung, it’s just not working with the iPhone.

I’ll give this new format a try though!

This feels odd… the protocol method is a well known NFC data type so it should work. Feels more like something up with the iPhone settings somehow.

For security reasons, the NFC reader is only active when your phone is in use (that is, the screen is lit up). It’s also deactivated when you’re using certain apps, like your camera or your Apple Pay Wallet.

Also background reading can take some time… more time than a direct read does for sure. Are you holding it there for at least a few seconds?

Also ensure you are getting good read coupling for the lower power background read checks.

1 Like

yep, weird.
I only did it because it was one of the differences between his and mine.

The other, with the same data, his was 22bytes
Also mine was 31 bytes

1 Like