Against the advise of just about everyone, I did the install myself, and worse yet, by myself. The way I look at it is if it’s going to be screwed up, I’d much rather it be me that screwed it up. Haha… But really it’s about the adventure, the experience , and the learning. Sure I could try and find someone to do it around here, but where’s the fun in that…this is about biohacking after all…so lets hack some biology.
So I tried to be as prepared as I could, though I still didn’t do everything the way I had planned. I even made a checklist for myself that ordered the things I needed to do to reduce the possibility of cross contamination. I read up and watched all the videos I could. I even ran through the whole procedure in my head several times. But I’ll be honest, I’ve had worse injuries in the shop that were kept together with dirty paper towels and electrical tape that probably should have gotten stitches… so I’m not too worried about all this… lol.
I’m sorry I am mumbling in the video… I’m not saying anything important. haha.
I’m sure I’ll get some negative feedback, and that’s ok. If the video has to go on the “what not to do list” I’m ok with that. At least other people can learn from my stupidity.
Install was not painful at all. I think giving blood hurt more. It’s a hair sore at the moment (I did it like 45 minutes ago). Virtually no bleeding.
If I had to do it again, I think I would have injected it a little farther towards my wrist. I went in deep, then pulled out a bit as instructed, but injected it as I pulled out even more (also as instructed)… I should have injected it to fill the pocket that I pulled back from, then started pulling back and inject the rest. Even though I made sure to inject it parallel to the bone, It seems to have rotated a bit. Guess we’ll see where it lands when it heals.
My S7 reads it no problem. Let the fun begin!