xSIID & xLED custom colours

Too bad the LEDs cut the ntag performance in half. I was thinking about just putting a single led in the center… might do that instead if performance is good with only one LED coil.

2 Likes

They look adorable! Unfortunate how the shinies reduce performance though. There might be interest for people who can’t do larger flex based implants?

might be the best bet, although it’s super cool with the 3-LED array. It itsn’t worth much if the range isn’t as good as the regular FlexNT.

Ooooookay… I need this! :smiley:
Especially if there ever happens to be a wearable device to make them light up constantly - I’m planning kind of a “full body cyberstuff”-bodymod with my artist, and they would fit in perfectly…

Would be fine with that as well, but it would be nice if the LED could be a bit bigger… or, what would be really awesome (for the things I have in mind), a light-up circle… pretty much like the thingies the cyborgs in Detroit become Human have on their temples…
Anyway, love your ideas!

Yeah… with an ACR122U here are the numbers;

mini-circle tag without LEDs: 35mm
flexNT: 20mm
mini-circle with LEDs: 15mm

How much discomfort are you willing to put up with?

7 Likes

Planning a full-body scarification by now, soooo… well… discomfort is not such a big thing, I guess :woman_shrugging:
Looks absolutely incredible, want that unter my skin! Though a ring would be more fitting for my ideas… ah, I’ll take what I can get :smiley:

edit: but I have to ask - what the hell is that? :wink:

2 Likes

You talking about something like this? (I just took it from google)

yeeeeeeees, exactly. Won’t put it there, but I could use a bunch of those^^

It’s a thing I found trolling around the nfc toys section of Alibaba… it basically has an LED in parallel with an led which stands 90 degrees on end and shoots into a plexi disc with an odd backing on it that helps light come out the top. It’s well over 2mm thick though… trying to figure out if it can be made into an implant.

Looks like placing a single led in this orientation is the only way to keep performance of the ntag216, which is critical in this case because my samsung galaxy s7 is quite shit at reading it… 5mm max. The pixel 2 is ok though… so I’m going to go with the worst performance and say that putting 3 LEDs on will basically be a show stopper for some phones.

1 Like

Is that available as a circle as well? Because in that case, I could use the fact that it will be clearly visible (being 2mm thick) as a visual effect which would be quite fitting… but I guess probably not, because there has to be some kind of chip inside for it to work with NFC :woman_shrugging:

Okay… in the picture, it looks like there is some kind of “metal”-ish ring around the thing, is that right? If so, what material might that be…? I’m highly allergic to nickel, so I’m not all too happy to implant unknown metals into my body…

But still, veeeery interesting thing!

As for the second, single-LED-blinky, looks quite nice too - has anyone experience with installation on more unusual places, like chest, shoulders, near (not directly over!) joints, whatever? I know that silicone implants over softer tissue are idiotic, because they simply sink in and are not visible - but what about these? Any idea? :wink:

it is a circle…

… but if you were asking about a ring, then no it does not come in a ring shape.

Yeah there is an NTAG213 inside.

No it’s a bit of metallic material that reflects on the inside and is black on the outside, also to keep light reflecting out the top surface and not spill out the sides.

No idea, but probably aluminum or some other cheaper metal that can be made into tiny thin reflective strips.

:woman_facepalming:
Okay, guess my last english lesson is to long ago… at least, now I know the difference between a circle and a ring :smiley:

1 Like

I was thinking up different types of flex based implants, and was wondering if this would work.

I’m not an electrical engineer, but could it help with the contraints of size and reading range? For positioning, it would fit along metacarpals or the forearm.

This may be of interest to you.

@NiamhAstra had the idea if a light bar
:bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

2 Likes

Yeah in short we tried something like that and it didn’t go well.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate, hopefully there’s some similar alternate, not just in the grain or circle format.

1 Like

How about this?

I’ll probably only make one of these (this one)… maybe… anyway let me know if you want it via DM and we’ll talk price and shipping etc.

1 Like