Yet another newbie questions

Hi !

Sorry if I post in the wrong category

As you can see, I am new here. I have been lurking into geting implanted for a while now, and I am finally ready to take the step.

Here is the implants I think I want to get :
Titan in left (or maybe right ? Details down) ringfinger tip
NeXT between thumb and index (left)
XG3 v1 in tragus (L or R ?)

I have a few questions tho :

1. Why does no one talk about the xM1, xHT, xSLX and xDF2, but only about the xEM and xNT ? I don’t really understand the differences (except some are nfc and others rfid)

2. A piercer in my town asks 150$ for an intall. Does it seams fair to you or should I search elsewhere ?

3. I have a flipper zero. Is a proxmark 3 able to do something more than it ? Is it worth buying one ?

4. Do you have any recommandations of what implants and where are the best ? Or what I shouldn’t do ?

Why I am hesitant for the titan’s placement : I have read that it’s best to implant your non dominant hand in case of medical complications, and because it helps during the healing process. On the other hand, I work with magnetic sleep soldering irons (a magnet in the stand allow it to detect when it’s put back in the stand) and having the ability to trick it by just moving a fingee would be amasing. I also have a lot of ideas for magnetic haptic feedback and/or reed relays dependant projects, and not being forced to use them with my non-dominant hand would be amasing.

Thanks a lot for your time !

1 Like

150 is pretty high for an x series install. I pay basically that for flex install

Hello and welcome!

Why does no one talk about the xM1, xHT, xSLX and xDF2, but only about the xEM and xNT ? I don’t really understand the differences (except some are nfc and others rfid)

I dont think thats the case. people talk about xm1s and xdfs alot. they are not that common because they work for specific usecases. Whats ur usecase? you should decide which chip to get depending on what you want to do / with which access systems u plan to work with.

A piercer in my town asks 150$ for an intall. Does it seams fair to you or should I search elsewhere ?

Thats a extreme fair price for a Titan Magnet install.
its a bit pricey for an injectable transponder but still okayish

I have a flipper zero. Is a proxmark 3 able to do something more than it ? Is it worth buying one ?

Yeah the Pm3 can do more stuff but i would only buy it when you need it. it again depends on ur usecase.

Do you have any recommandations of what implants and where are the best ? Or what I shouldn’t do ?

Its all about personal preferences and what ure trying to achieve
There is no best with most stuff and it all depends.

Why I am hesitant for the titan’s placement : I have read that it’s best to implant your non dominant hand in case of medical complications

I dont really get the part about the medical complications. would it just dont matter at all in which hand it is when you get medical complications?

and because it helps during the healing

Well only if you bump your dominant hand against stuff alot by accident and use it alot while it heals^ most people put it in the non dominant hand bc it just dont gets used that often i guess

xM1 is out of stock, so only people that have been around a little longer talk about them, but there is also not much to say, its a great little implant and when you know what you are doing it just works

xHT is compatible with HiTag which is not a particularly common system, so not many people have/want/need/talk about them.

xSLX is similar reason to the xHT above, but in my opinion it would be a slightly more popular implant due to the compatibility with the QuickLock padlocks and doof locks

xDF2 is now out of stock, but the DesFire implants utilise great chips, but to take advantage of DESFire, you need some good technical knowledge, but more often, people just use it as a larger storage NDEF implant

xEM and xNT are amongst the OG implants and have been around a long time, early adopters have/ had these, they are a cheaper and therefore popular implant, they are were available in a bundle offer.
But really the NExT has superceeded both of these, although they still do have a use, but your comment
~“only talk about xEM and xNT
is not particularly accurate, it would be more fair to say, that the community talk most about

• whats next on the horizon
  • whats just been released
    :recycle:
1 Like

It was if you get necrosis/severe sensation loss and end up having to get the thing out or even amputate, it is less handicapping to have these in your non dominant hand.