Yet another random idea

See what I mean. :rofl: :joy:

lilbit

actually the issue is always the interface between conductor and shielding… that is the spot bodily fluids will really badly want to penetrate… I’ve got part of a patent in the works now that addresses our approach… once it’s published i can talk a bit more about it.

4 Likes

Okay, I didn’t know body juices were that aggressive. So presumably any implant with an interruption in the surface material - required to get electrodes out of a device - would have more stringent requirements than a simple glass capsule. Or maybe a glass capsule with a gold lead coming out at each end would not be attacked? After all, glass seals can withstand vacuum in tubes for decades. I suppose they’re not so easily breached.

Damn, now you’ve said too much :slight_smile:

Well, when your patent is granted, you can talk at length about it - since the purpose of a patent is to afford legal protection and allow full disclosure at the same time. In the meantime, we’ll just have to be patient I guess…

Are we getting taser fingers in the future?

haha well, i mean, it’s not like acid or anything… mostly it’s just water… water is like… it’s one of the most powerful solvents around and it also just gets everywhere… it’ll find molecular sized holes and seep through… it might take a long time, but it will happen… medical devices like pace makers have special resins and things that they use to seal up these interfaces where probes and electrodes come out, but even those are not rated for more than 10 years… because WATER. WILL. WIN.

Anyway… it’s not impossible or anything, it’s just a pain to deal with sealing things properly… makes manufacturing much more involved… we have have to deal with this issue when applying our polymer… requires a lot of special process to ensure there is absolutely no seam… our polymer encapsulation process produces seamless encapsulation but it took a lot of process design. In fact, we had to get a process controller made (thanks @turbo2ltr !!) just to handle things properly and consistently…

4 Likes

Is it acidic? Even mildly so?
I wonder if it could be used as a battery electrolyte. The body would replenish it naturally. You can run a LCD clock off of a potatoe. Why not a person? Yeah, yeah, metal poisoning. But mayber there’s a way.

They did it in The Matrix.

I am of course talking of things I have no firm grasp of, but that’s kind of where most of my ideas start.

Okay so it’s a process you’re patenting. Makes sense.

Neat. Although I will say this: that’s a mighty big xLED you’ve got on top of the while control box there. I knew DT implants tend to get bigger and bigger, but maybe that’s taking things too far :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is surely only the prototype for the Red / Green 2in1 HF & LF xLED , that I was hoping he would make
YAY!!!
A part of the PenTesters pack with the 2in1 xM1&xEM combo

4 Likes

Haha actually no… the patent is for a way to interact electrically with the body without seams in material… the process for applying it is just a trade secret.

giphy (4)

1 Like

I think @amal could rig up a couple test packs :wink::wink:

1 Like

Sweet jesus :rofl:, @amal just give it to him already. The poor thing :rofl:

4 Likes

haha :thinking: do you think it is working or just pissing him off?

5 Likes

You don’t ask you don’t get :rofl:

4 Likes

Yeah, there is the “squeaky wheel” approach and then there is the annoying mosquito :mosquito: buzzing around your head when you are trying to get to sleep and you just want to kill it to shut it the fuck up…rather than offer it some blood :drop_of_blood:

2 Likes

and that’s why I never kills spiders :wink:

2 Likes

That’s because spiders are the best! :spider:

5 Likes

Damn, I love how random this thread is.

SQUIRRELL!!!

2 Likes

huh wha who

3 Likes

unnamed (7)

2 Likes