6 more implants installed at once, lots of associated questions and planning

I’ve done it as well. Just gotta remove the LF antenna, the top layer of standoffs, the spacer, then you can screw down the LF antenna directly to the lower set of standoffs.

My best guess, the spacer is to protect the actual HF antenna traces by covering them, gives you a better surface to set a card on, and also protect the electronics under the LF antenna a little bit more.

Works just fine without it.

EDIT: I wonder if it might also be for some extra shielding as well. Either way, mine worked fine without it. I’m currently trying to slim mine down as much as I can for the PinePhone project, so that saved a lot of thickness.

I belive the shield helps when you use it portable, as it’s easy to trigger the antenna voltage if you touch the antenna directly

Now you got me thinking,

I’ve been recently enamored with credit card sized tools, and building a hacker wallet full of goodies,

I never realized the pm3 easy board is credit card sized

Perfect size would be to remove the middle spacer, and flip over to the bottom of the board,

Just need to find a way to secure it and electrical connection besides the screws they take up too much room for my taste

2 Likes

Pretty good bruise starting to show up for the xNT

1 Like

As long as the yellow is the dominant growing colour, you are on a good path.

1 Like

Can you elaborate?

Yellow is the last stage colour. So it showing up straight away, and being the predominant colour is a good sign, indicating the wound/bruise is healing fast.

here’s a shitty source with a decently quick explanation about bruise colours.

Other thing that’s starting to concern me, the L11 thumb location

Feels like the vial is smack against the scab, worry it’s going to try to push out

Hopefully 5 days is enough to give the flesh some strength to hold it in, didn’t feel that shallow to begin with, think it started healing from the other side and sliding it back if that’s a thing

You can always cover that with a butterfly/tegaderm/micropore/steristrip bandage, or try corralling the chip with some matchsticks and a micropore tape.

Although I wouldn’t recommend putting matchsticks straight on top of the scab

1 Like

Should I actually be concerned of it pushing out at this point?

Hard to say without looking at it in person. but most likely not.
Needle punctures tend to seal off pretty quickly.

If it is a physical feeling that it’s pushing out… then corralling or micropore could be a good move.

If it’s just a slight fear/worry…
Then just keep it with some silicone oil on top, or throw in a steristrip… and you should be fine. :slight_smile:

Here is a thread with somebody (@Midoriya) equally as anxious as you, also covers the bruising at around the 18th post

Hey, things are healing different from before so I ask

The bruise is w/e just a surprising amount of blood under the skin

The L11 it’s hard to tell but it feels like there’s pressure against the scab, I’d hate for a sub dermal to become a transdermal

Put a piece of tape over it as I have no steristrpes

Worry I’ve been to active with my thumb and it’s working the implant out, and not sure how secure it really is… seems a valid concern

should be fine. steristrips and micropore’s are just nicier to your skin, and need to be replaced less often.

Every concern is valid.
Don’t think Pilgri was making fun of you, though. ^^

Maybe just rest your hand a bit longer now that you got a holiday!! :grin:

1 Like

It’s always that little dilemma between “moving too much and forcing it somewhere / slowing down the healing” and “moving too little, letting it settle in a place that’s not comfortable afterwards”…

I think if you can get some butterfly plasters / steristrips, they might be a good idea, because you can tape them on with some “pressure” by pulling the skin together at the scab (like, tape it down on one side of the scab, pull with appropriate force and sticking it down on the other side of the scab… hell, stupid explanation, but I guess you get it :smile: ) - they usually stick a lot better than tape, and, like Eyeux said, they’re surprisingly kind to your skin.

2 Likes

Feels a bit better today after sleep, it’s still right at the scab, but doesn’t seem to be pushing against it

1 Like

yep!!
Quite a fine line with a sweet spot there.

Actually great explanation.
Wish I had said that! :grin:

Great news then!

Just keep aware of it then, and no need to worry nor react unless it gives you a clear reason to now. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You have asked a lot of questions, questions are a good thing :+1: and not a bad thing at all.

Just letting you know there have been others with the same concerns and hence the link I provided.
FYI

Correct
and
correct

So it still seems like it’s right against the wound, feel a quick sharp sensation once it a while,
Could be stuff just settling, or it could be slowly inching out

Who knows, time will tell…

Wearing a steri strip on it as much as I can

Hopefully the entrance will reinforce itself
Versus, the end constructing and squeezing it out

Everything else seems ok enough, besides the xm1 possibly being on top of a tendon or something

Open hand it feels like it slips off something If you press in on it, closed hand feels fine
Ever so slightly sore, but I’m sure there from poking and prodding it too much

Kinda want to try to move it, but It won’t move if I try lightly

Any new updates? (I missed that one)

Maybe time to keep using your hand on open close movement activities.
This should get the xm1 to rest in a more natural space.

But keep an eye not to irritate your tendon. If that happens you will feel, and then maybbe some corralling of the xm1 into another place might be better placed (usually a few mm are enough)

1 Like