6 more implants installed at once, lots of associated questions and planning

Solid reasoning!

It’s a good way to experiment before they make a decent payment chip that won’t need to be replaced constantly.

Yes. And No. (helpful response, eh?) :sweat_smile:

Technically speaking, the xSeries will also have flesh that’s constricted around the implant. And some people do call that a pocket.

Although when we’re talking in more body-mod lingo, a capsule/sphear/pill shaped implant won’t have a pocket. It will be “encapsulated” by your body, without the need for a pocket to form…

Depending on how you heal and the angle and superficiality you have your implant, it will probably stay where it was placed… or it can migrate. Depends a lot on the person.

Some capsular implants come coated in Praline, which is… think of a porous goo that will harden up and “hook up” to the flesh around and hold the implant in place.
That is common practice in some manufacturers (although I dislike praline. that sh!t is flaky af), exactly because it’s common for a pill shape to migrate. Most likely without actually causing much damage.

Alas I derail…

The thing with a Flex implant is that what you’re trying to do is literally build a skin “pocket”, as you would on a pair of trousers:
You separate the skin from the muscle layer, place the flex implant there, and then let it heal. In healing, all the area around the implant will “fuse back” (as if you had stitched a delimitation), and the area above where the implant is will remain separated from the area bellow it.

If there is nothing like praline on the implant… if you cut the pocket open and pull the implant it will just slide out. you could then even probe the hole and feel it’s internal “walls” (but please, don’t try that)… And then slide another same-sized implant inside without any problems.
It’s like… you now have a “pocket” inside you.

but then… if you do something that rips these internal walls, you will invite lots of bodily fluids into that space, then your body finds it all strange, and a series of chain reactions begin, bloating your hand, etc…
Not the end of the world. most cases would probably drain naturally over time and the wall would be healed back… but a lot can happen there.

In short… when someone from bodymod background mentions a “pocket” implant, they are probably thinking of making a literal pocket first, and then inserting something into that pocket and stitching it closed.

Meanwhile an xSeries would not require you to make a pocket first. You can just inject it strauight away, and then your body will encapsulate it in place.

Hope this wasn’t too convoluted and made some sense…

1 Like

Sorta makes sense,

More info is generally more gooder, so keep it coming

I’m unsure if I would do a flexy again, for I might just be to clumsy not to push them somewhere where they damage me…^^
I’m just thinking about either a NExT or a XSIID + FlexEM, but I’m really not sure if that’s a good idea…

Well. Knife edge is not necessarily a problem, but you have to take some care of it - keep in mind that it’s there, even some time after healing, and you will learn new, little movements that have no impact on your implant after some time. If you think you can do that, you should be fine :wink:

Little example - I had to learn how to properly dry my face with a towel again after I got my nostril piercing :wink: But now, I don’t even think about it any more - the way I do it has changed a tiny bit, and my body got used to the new movement…

Maybe knife edge is more trouble than it’s worth, and I’ll flip back to plan 1 with it in L4

1 Like

For now… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d say you have no idea, but I think you’ve seen how much I’ve flipped back and forth

So, for you pilgrim

Are you still planning a flex knife edge?

Yep, Non-dominant hand, for my Apex Flex

For now… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Why, knife edge sounds like a premium spot to me.

L5 Apex, ez phone usage ez payments

Me? not.
But that’s to do with my habits.
I do rock climbing and martial arts: Both are quite solid ways of getting my knife’s edge implant position fucked up on a regular basis. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The tricky bit is… there are far less obvious habits which also make you constantly mash those areas without even feeling that.

also, as @Coma pointed it:

It is a premium spot in regards to using it.

But depending on your habits, it’s also far too exposed and you might hurt it very easily.

We bump that region against all sorts of places corners and edges. So much that our brains tend to automatically disregard that feeling and we end up believing we don’t hit/press it against all the things we do.

This is a lesson I learnt for similar areas, only after getting them pierced… :woman_shrugging:

none of those tests are equivalent to one year’s worth of bending an antenna on harsh hits of a hard-edged sharp-angled objects for about a full year.

You sure can bend an antenna a few times without a fuss.
Do it a hundred and you might have issues.

Add to that that you might have problems with the implant being forced against the internal walls of the pocket, which is far easier to happen in a narrow surface like Knife’s-edge than on the back of your hand.

Also higher chances of getting the edge of the implant caught up by a corner in that position than over a wider area… Etc…

As I said before, for some people Knife Edge might work out perfectly.

Or you might learn what movements you need to adapt.

It is just a potentially problematic position.
I still think it’s worth double checking your habits if you’re thinking about it, though…

1 Like

You know what I’m thinking now @Pilgrimsmaster? Lol :joy:

2 Likes

Well, only 6 x series now,

Payment flex conversion and shipping was a Hail Mary, that won’t make it back in time

Probably better I suppose, can focus on just the flex when it’s time,

Downside I’ll only a day or two window to heal before back to work, hopefully that’s ok?

I’ve never heard of flex wedge failures? Or at least not more than a few times. Don’t think you can destroy it while it’s in you without hurting yourself quite a bit.
The only way to damage a wedge is hitting it in n angle that the connections fail, very unlikely.

I thought I read about a few mifare flex’s failing

But I know there’s something about other generations that it’s easier to brick

So 19 hours, to go… very drama… much tense lol

I’m still pretty back and forth on the knife edge flex, but it seems like those that have them there, like them, and the for sure benefits seems to outweigh the possible issues

In addition it’s a temporary implant anyways, it’s gotta come out in 3 years either way, so if it gets bricked a year, or is uncomfortable, it’s not going to be the end of the world

L4 isn’t going to Guarantee to protect it, and I feel like I hit the back of my hand hard more than the side

I think I’m going to plan for flex knife edge (whenever I get it lol)

That all being said,

I think I’m still going to put the spark 2 and the xNT on the bottom of my wrist, as that seems a more useful location/presentation for my intended uses, rather than trying to squeeze stuff into the knuckles

1- xM1
2- xEM
3- NExT
4- Spark 2
5- xNT
6- xG3

I’d personally say if you were worried about the knives edge and keep going back and forth, put an x series there, the main one you’d use. They’re more durable anyways, so the only thing you’d have to worry about is banging yourself. Maybe you could have the xM1 in P4/5, and the payment implant in P1 instead. Flatter installation too.

I’m not willing to give it a chance, on myself. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhow, my main concerns with the flex on knife’s edge are not of the internals of the implant failing. It is of the implant being forced against the walls of the pocket, thus damaging yourself. (despite being worried about the antenna integrity, given my use-case)

We have tests showing that once you bend a flex antenna in a sharp angle, it does not return 100% flat easily.
And that creates a nook where other external creavases might hook onto and pull it, damaging your hand instead.

But as I said, it depends a lot on what are your daily habits.
Might be a premium spot for you! ^^

It’s just one of those areas where you cannot assume it will be 100% safe for everyone.

Whooo!! :partying_face:

Given everything you said so far about your situation… the knife’s edge actually sounds like a good experiment! Especially if you’re not too fussed about having to remove it at some point.

So far you last layout seems good!

And good luck!! :grin:

1 Like

That’s good to hear :crazy_face:

Still a bit indecisive, but that’ll be over either way in 2 hours

1 hour till install

Time to grab a light to medium snack, get my caffeine fix,

I think I’ll swing by the store and look at prenatal vitamins,

I also want to grab a roll or 2 of that self adhering wrap tape stuff, used the last of ether I had last time
Found it had just a little compression, but mostly kept me from moving it a lot like an idiot

I’m going to try to record as much as I can, but covid complicates having a cameraman, also everyone I know is too chicken shit lol

I’m not great at self recording because I like to do the zen relax out of body thing for pain, and self
Recording kinda makes it hard to ignore the thing you’re focusing on

Ice elevate and anti inflammatories when I get home

I’ll probably pop a dose of Tylenol before hand, as I’ve read a few interesting things about pain relievers before a painful event, even emotional pain surprising… can’t hurt and no associated hassle like topical gels

2 Likes

Good luck! :+1::blush: