6 more implants installed at once, lots of associated questions and planning

I think if I ever get to my bodmod artist wearing a ball-gag or something similar, I think he might be a bit surprised… might lead to a funny session :smile:

But for me (maybe as a thing to try for Eriequiet), breathing really helps a lot. I can’t get out of my body, nor do I want to, but breathing in the right way helps a lot and makes the whole experience much more pleasurable :wink:

1 Like

What’s weird is, I’m more concerned about my flinching or trying to pull away effecting the install more than the actual pain itself

Is that the whole Breathe IN - Breathe OUT - REPEAT :recycle: thing?

Yeah, I kinda like breathing too, So much so, that I have been doing it for as long as I can remember :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Breathing

2 Likes

So for what it’s worth,
I’m getting super easy and consistent scans out of the, nEXT, xNT, xEM

If I take my phone case off, I can read the spark 2 easy enough

I still haven’t gotten any reaction out of the xm1
I’m assuming tag info will at least detect the chip

1 Like

Yep, it should, you could also try Mifare Classic Tool. It’ll just need some more time hopefully!

Yeah xM1 is bigger than others afaik, maybe a biiit more swelling?

Maybe…

But the xNT and nEXT both have some bruising going on and read great,

The xM1 feels slightly more defined than either of those… :man_shrugging:t2:

It’s only been 4 days so I know I have no valid cause for concern…

I am reading that the Xm1 has crappier range hopefully that factors in, and it’s not too close to my xsiid… but the Xsiid reads great I’d expect it to have issues also right?

Tempted to break out the proxmark

Edit

Broken out the proxmark

Out of like 60 attempts I did get a scan of the xm1

Most of it was no tag found

Some collision error, so that’s concerning

Getting a fair amount of “card didn’t respond to CL1 to select all”

Not knowing enough about mifare yet, sounds like I’m not speaking it’s language right so it’s not responding… but it sounds like it’s detecting SOMETHING, so that’s good…

Probably more swollen than you think.
I’m on day 6 after install, and it’s a lot easier to read now than 2 days ago, even though I don’t really see a difference

You could try “hf tune” and position the proxmark over the xm1 where you see the biggest voltage drop, then scan again in that exact position
(it’s what I need to do to read/write to the LF part on my NeXT, as the LF antenna suxx on the PM3 easy)

Edit: if you have a PM3 easy, you could also try to flip the shield, exposing the HF antenna a bit more:

4 Likes

Can also remove the middle level dosnt really serve a purpose

1 Like

Wait what?

They why have it? Have a pic of that setup?

I’ve done it as well. Just gotta remove the LF antenna, the top layer of standoffs, the spacer, then you can screw down the LF antenna directly to the lower set of standoffs.

My best guess, the spacer is to protect the actual HF antenna traces by covering them, gives you a better surface to set a card on, and also protect the electronics under the LF antenna a little bit more.

Works just fine without it.

EDIT: I wonder if it might also be for some extra shielding as well. Either way, mine worked fine without it. I’m currently trying to slim mine down as much as I can for the PinePhone project, so that saved a lot of thickness.

I belive the shield helps when you use it portable, as it’s easy to trigger the antenna voltage if you touch the antenna directly

Now you got me thinking,

I’ve been recently enamored with credit card sized tools, and building a hacker wallet full of goodies,

I never realized the pm3 easy board is credit card sized

Perfect size would be to remove the middle spacer, and flip over to the bottom of the board,

Just need to find a way to secure it and electrical connection besides the screws they take up too much room for my taste

2 Likes

Pretty good bruise starting to show up for the xNT

1 Like

As long as the yellow is the dominant growing colour, you are on a good path.

1 Like

Can you elaborate?

Yellow is the last stage colour. So it showing up straight away, and being the predominant colour is a good sign, indicating the wound/bruise is healing fast.

here’s a shitty source with a decently quick explanation about bruise colours.

Other thing that’s starting to concern me, the L11 thumb location

Feels like the vial is smack against the scab, worry it’s going to try to push out

Hopefully 5 days is enough to give the flesh some strength to hold it in, didn’t feel that shallow to begin with, think it started healing from the other side and sliding it back if that’s a thing

You can always cover that with a butterfly/tegaderm/micropore/steristrip bandage, or try corralling the chip with some matchsticks and a micropore tape.

Although I wouldn’t recommend putting matchsticks straight on top of the scab

1 Like

Should I actually be concerned of it pushing out at this point?