Alarm Lock PDL3000

Installed my NExT last night! Super excited! I used my Proxmark3 and Walrus app to write to my implant.
I got to work did some testing and all around all my facility we have two kinds of readers. We have the basic prox HID readers and work great! And the others we have are the Alarm Lock PDL3000 audit rfid type levers. No matter where I smack my hand up it just doesn’t read.
Out of curiosity does anyone have any experience or ideas with this?

1 Like

Take your field detector to it and see if you can find the best spot. Might be a case of your implant not having enough read range.

2 Likes

Yeah I totally forgot my card at home. Plus I think maybe due to my hand still being a little swollen we’ll see tomorrow for sure.

Yeah the swelling definitely doesnt help matters

1 Like

Use the X Field Detector (glass tube) to really figure out where ans how to tap.

1 Like

So got to work this morning. I tried my 125 glass tag and nothing. I couldn’t get a read at all. So I tried my card. I would slowly move the card around I would get a LF green light flash and it would wake the lock up. So idk. Dosent work with these I suppose.

So I found a old lock and trying to take it apart to see what kind of antenna or how it’s routed. Here is a picture of the progress. It was full of this clear rubber stuff for water protection I had to basically chip away to get to the boards inside

Here is the antenna coil in the front

2 Likes

I’m gonna guess the waterproofing makes it unable to get a good coupling. Which is really lame because all of that waterproofing would be unnecessary if it was an RFID only lock. Your best bet would be an EM Flex when Amal releases those. Unless of course you could convince your work to change every lock.

1 Like

Actually thinking about it, did you try shoving a LED inside that divet?

1 Like

Ha I work for a state facility. That would be a no go. There’s only a few of these I half to deal with. Most of the readers that are normal HID readers are either around our Sally port admin buildings and access to other restricted areas. I just was hoping it would work on my office door the most lol

1 Like

Yeah I did. I put it in and all around not a single light or dim light connection

I’m sure you did, but I want to ask to be thorough. Did put in there facing perpendicular to the handle? I’m not sure an led would fit in that way, but an xEM might.

1 Like

Like that, but try shoving it in the divet. I can tell it wont fit perfectly, but try it with each end sticking out a little. Probably won’t work, so oh well.

Yeah won’t fit. And even then I’ve tried every angle.

The PDL3000 lock is a bust. LoL

Again you probably tried and if you mentioned it, apologies, When you wake it up with your Diagnostic Card can you then scan your implant?
Or even better, if you press a button on the keypad does that “wake up” the reader so you can scan?

Also,
Your photos only show in the middle and parallel, I’m sure you probably tried it in your testing, but, ideally you want it to be perpendicular to the antenna coil and less parallel-y. :wink:

3 Likes

Yup I’ve tried it all lol. Tried pressing a button and scanning tried the led tag in every which way it just dosent wanna. It dosent want me to be happy that’s all lol

1 Like

I’ve had good success with slot RFID card readers such as this one with a thingamajig I made a while ago. It’s a thin sheet of stiff plastic, wide as a credit card and twice as long, with a figure-of-eight coil made of thin copper wiring superglued on it. Essentially it’s a ranger extender, especially made for slot readers: you insert one end in the reader and scan your hand under the free-hanging other end. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost it, so I can’t take a picture of it.

The problem of course is, it’s useless: it completely defeats the purpose of an implant. If you have to carry an extra-long credit card around to interface with slot readers, you might as well use the genuine RFID card. Which is probably why I lost it :slight_smile: But it works, if you feel like experimenting.

2 Likes

If it is his office door maybe he can make it a permanent mod

1 Like

![ Yeah maybe I’m looking into wiring up a external HID reader to the lever lock so hopefully I can use the antenna in the reader. I’ll half to figure out if it has to be tuned to the controller board in the lock.

Took a minute to find the sweet spot on these bad boys though haha

1 Like