Anesthetic patches / ointment does not work

Hello everyone,

A few days ago I made an attempt to implant the flexes but we didn’t get past the anesthetic, because neither the lidocaine patches nor the emla ointment works for me.
My hand was not numb, so we had to stop.

Has anyone had experience with patches / ointments not working?

Yep, there are certain conditions or traits that can make people less susceptible to local anesthetics. Have you had local anesthetic work in the past for you, say at the dentist or doctor?

If it has worked in the past, what was your process for applying the anesthetic / where were you applying it to.

Finaly question, you say emla ointment, what percentage was that?

Good morning,

Local anesthetic in hospital with injection that works perfectly but I obviously don’t have that here so I gave it a try to emla ointment 2.5 percent, rapydan patches, 7 percent and dr numb and that is 4 percent but nothing worked, the skin remained normal sensitive so we had to put it on hold for a while.

AND

Which ones?

Is it Flex needle implantable?

Everybodys pain levels are different so only you will know if it is viable for you, but personally, I didn’t feel any difference between xSeries :syringe: or the custom needle :needle_custom:

I would however recommend using lube for the sake of your installer

this is twice about the flexMT

It has been done before without PMK ( @Mariarangok ) but yeah, it is probably something better done with a local if possible.

How impressive is the range of the FlexMT!? Awesome huh!

I have one of those conditions that make local anesthetic much less effective.
What that means for me is that things like topical ointments do not work and injections have a shorter period of time in which they are effective / I need more to get the same effect.

Having said that, how are you using the topicals? Most topical lidocaine stuff needs 2-3hrs before you are at optimal efficiency, also was the patch properly sealed, I believe that you need the area to be fully occluded for the whole 2-3hrs to get the effects with most of the topicals as well.

1 Like

Oops, no it was only half an hour as described in the leaflet.

This might also be worth a quick read

Get yourself a large tube, apply it thick and cover with clingfilm taping all the edges down tight. Leave it on for 2-3hrs then try should be golden :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I understand it, there not targeted at surgery so the recommendations are for numbing the surface nerves, it takes much longer for it to “soak in” deep enough to make an impact on something like this.

1 Like

Basically @Devilclarke said but with more in depth details on using lidocaine cream:

Also worth noting, if you can get it to work, don’t expect to lose all sensation. It’ll take away the pain but not the pressure, so it’ll still feel odd!

2 Likes

For me applying lidocaine on top of the skin does not really work (i tryd cream and patches) - it also depends where i did it (mucouse membranes works fine, lower arms hands and so on not really)

so i mostly do lidocaine injections and that worked 100% for me (if you hit the right spot with the injection :upside_down_face:)

Also lidocaone injections are damn cheap in Germany (10x 2ml 0,5% about 5€) so they are my #1 go to

Summary

Im not a Doctor, just some random idiot from the internet, remember that!

is that too freely for sale there?

yes

I’m wondering that too…
I know that not many piercers/bodymod artists use injections in germany due to their use being illegal for non-medically licensed people. They are usually used after closing time of the shop in a backroom. So I’m surprised that they are actually legal to purchase.

Its legal to purchase but you re not allowed to use it at other people afaik

1 Like

Hmm weird :rofl:
Then I’d just take the syringe from the installer and inject it myself :rofl:

Just come pre numbed :smiley:

1 Like