Any other young people?

I’m only 16, but I already buy NExT and vivokey and wanna self-implant them in few days

5 Likes

Awesome man, just make sure you take all of the necessary precautions with sanitization. Goodluck :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I told my mom about this totally out of the blue, linked site, shown 1 video, told her I was reading about it for some time and I am sure about it, she did a bit of research throughout the day and next day I got an agreement.

5 Likes

My mom is really against the implants, so I got self-implanted, and she doesn’t know about it

2 Likes

see, i was 18 when i get the implant, i told her the day before i did it. saying “hey i’m an adult, but i dont want to keep secrets from you, this is what im doing” and she obviously had questions but in the end was like “atleast its not a lip ring” (for some reason she hates face piercings but is plenty fine with all my ear piercings and stretching)

after two weeks she practically forgot as it dosnt effect her life in any way shape or form

3 Likes

I did my first in 2010, I was 16 and did a self install in my bedroom at home. I stopped took a pick of the needle in my hand then finished and went to show my parents. Dad didn’t care my mum went crazy😅 after she calmed down it wasnt too bad but she was worried about infection ect ahhah

2 Likes

Moms and dads can react funny to seemingly trivial things, and not give a toss about stuff that seem like major decisions. That’s just how parents are.

I’m old enough to have grey hair, but I did tell my 76 year old mom about my first implant. She just didn’t care at all. Whatever, she said, you’re an adult.

However, I’ve been a full-time barefooter for over 20 years, and that drives her up the wall for some reason. It gets a little better now, because she’s slowly getting used to the idea that there really isn’t a thing she can do about it. But she gets all worked up and stressed out when I bring her somewhere because she “has to stand next to a fucking hobo” - nevermind that I’m otherwise dressed in suit and tie :slight_smile:

1 Like

hi there, i am 14 and am interested in bio-hacking. Atm i am looking at what chip would be best for me (only want one for now), the main problem with being under 18 is finding someone to install it, unfortunately i might have to take the plunge with a self implant (with much more research of course)

2 Likes

Yeah, make sure you check back in before you do anything and read through those links we have given you
We want to make sure you have your ducks lined up :duck: :duck: :duck: :duck:
We don’t want you injuring yourself.
I think you will continue to struggle with your age and piercers in the UK.
If the pandemic wasn’t happening, I would suggest you went somewhere else in Europe with fewer restrictions for your install.
Maybe ask around your friends / family if they know any medical professionals. ( Doctors, Nurses, paramedicas/ ambos, military medics etc )

2 Likes

yh, i will try to ask everywhere possible before resorting to a self implant. However, if that day were to come i would make sure to do it properly, i would also check in with everyone here for help and advice first!! :+1:

3 Likes

I’m eighteen, knew about this stuff for a good two years before I really delved right back into it. But, I would solely suggest waiting till your at least 17-18 before getting anything done. Just trust me on this, you might view things differently in the future.

I would also suggest NOT doing a self implant, I may of done it, and many other’s may of done it before, but you do need some form of pain tolerance and a steady hand. And, it’s just outright better to go to someone who know’s what their doing, to avoid the chance of infection.

1 Like

I disagree with this personally, I don’t think maturity has a fixed age. I also don’t think that this is a particularly major decision even on the scale of a tattoo. I would just say if you want it and are informed and wait long enough to make sure it’s not impulsive age shouldn’t really factor in a significant way. I have know 14 year olds who would handle responsibility better than certain presidents :sweat_smile: admittedly that’s a low bar these days.

This is always true regardless of age.

This however I completely agree with, I just did 2 self installs and despite having a fair amount of medical training in the past and being very comfortable with needles I still think getting a professional installer would have been the right thing to do safety wise.

3 Likes

There ain’t no such thing as an age of maturity. Wisdom is just how much experience you can reflect back on before taking a decision. Children have so little they need their parents to take decisions for them. Old folks have so much they don’t dare do anything anymore. Anything in between is a linear scale.

The “age of maturity” is just the average age at which society reckons a person can take most of their own decisions themselves rationally enough to avoid hurting themselves and others too seriously. And as you say, there are 14 year olds with more wisdom than grown-ups, but conversely I also know plenty of grown-ups who haven’t got the good sense the good lord gave to turkeys. And they’re allowed to implant themselves…

So I’d say, it depends on the individual. Absent more information on the person, I’d defer to the choice of their legal guardians, or default to the legal age of majority as the age at which an individual should be allowed to get an implant.

3 Likes

I understand where you are coming from with this; as I considered myself a vary mature person from a young age. But, from where I’m coming from, It’s very easy to jump onto something rather quickly at a young age without any foresight.

It’s something I did with this, hell the moment I got the package in the mail with the implant, within an hour it was inside of me. But this was also backed up with around two year’s of on and off research, as well as watching instillation video’s too understand what I was getting myself into.

Essentially I don’t have any issue with someone fourteen getting an implant, but rather I’d prefer for them too have backing knowledge and do comprehensive research before jumping onto a bandwagon.

3 Likes

Im 17 (18 in june) and ive been interested for what feels like almost a year. First I just wanted a NExT and maybe a spark. My parents were kinda open to the idea but were worried about the obvious stuff like tracking, charging, usefullness, mri, removal, breaking, etc and they wanted me to wait (thinking that this is some crazy impulse thing that will just go away if we ignore it)… After quickly dispelling most of those their answer went from NO (fair since its this crazy sounding concept) to them wanting me to be 18 and find someone to put it in that had experience. I told them that finding someone with experience is very unlikely unless we drive for a few hours and that thats ok with how simple it really is. Then i learned about the apex series and decided to wait for those which fixes the age issue since ill be 18 before they come out (unless amal proves me wrong). Unfortunately i think they still want me to have someone with experience do it but after so long i think they have warmed up to the general idea. Hopefully one of the nurses at my doctors office will be willing to do it because if not i might be out of luck untill lockdowns ease up. (unless you know someone near rochester in upstate new york…)

1 Like

Toronto is just over the lake isn’t it… closer than New York.
Pretty sure @anon2520759 lives in Toronto and might have some suggestions for you???

1 Like

It is definitely closer than NYC but it’s still a 3hr drive and I don’t think my parents would be thrilled. I’ll ask about it if none at my doctor’s office is willing though. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey! Welcome Rochestarian! I’m also 585 gang and I’ve got a few chips and have done installs before! I won’t however, implant people under 18. I’ve been burned before and realized it’s too much liability for me. I also got mine at 18, and did a self install. Now, it’s a bit different as I have access to more equipment as a family member is in medicine. But, when you turn 18, let me know if you still need help!

3 Likes

#1 Wow, thanks for making yourself known!
#2 What do you mean by “585 gang”? (Nevermind. Just realized its our area code… wow Im stupid)
#3 My birthday is June 4th so as soon as the apex series comes out I’ll probably be sending you a DM. Where are you located?

2 Likes

Generally, south east side. I’ll pm you more exact location later. And yeah, let me know come June!

2 Likes