Anybody has details on the Impli Caspian?

totally agree that standardising a use and making it common place is a great idea and love the idea of medics being trained to turn up and scan as a matter of course. If they can get it established as a standard practice the great!

The problem I see is;

1. They have taken hardware and not added anything other than an incredibly simple app to it (not really in the spirit of the community but hey-ho)

2. People who are already chipped, i personally think the need to move there standard location to say the forarm or upper arm like the contraceptive implant.

3. Have to travel to London to get it installed, have to hand my personal information over to someone I have no idea who they are.

4. Until commonplace or backed by gouverment / NHS (medical providers) then there really is no point

5. The conspiracy theorists and church wackos

2 Likes

I went to look at the privacy policy. Click the link in the app and boom:

What about terms and condition…

:rofl: at least the links on the site work, just not the ones in the app.

5 Likes

Looking back at this I feel like I have come across as a bit of a hater :rofl:
I love the idea of this stuff becoming more mainstream, I also just worry that this is exactly the kind of implementation that can taint things as a gimmick or insecure and they missed some great opportunities for education such as the app telling you how/where to scan.

1 Like

Is this not clear enough for you??? :rofl:

4 Likes

Well it’s clearer than the home page of the app :rofl:

1 Like

I do have details… more info coming soon… but for now…

It is, manufactured by DT

Remaining NFC enables phone scan options but it doesn’t have to be a phone… EMTs and ERs could have special hardware just the same, but still allow phones to work in a pinch. As for instructions and standardizing locations etc, all that is being considered.

Agree

Not totally necessary… more info on this coming… this was a major issue for VeriChip back in 2004-2006 and one of the many reasons they failed… but we can easily address this issue in multiple ways. The first is that the implant is not deep in the tricep, so you can actually just poke at the person to feel it. We also have trademarked several simple medical style tattoo designs that a person with a chip could easily get to indicate where their chip is and what it’s orientation is, making for easy identification and scanning by trained personnel.

Considering the above, I think there could be several “standardized” locations EMTs could quickly check by just touching the person to feel for a subdermal implant. Maybe 3 max though. This is being discussed.

Traveling would do you no good… if it’s not offered in your area, then there is no protocol for scanning it in your area, so it’s pointless. Chips will likely become available in other geographies as system support and training is rolled out.

4 Likes

anyone else now super exited to know more :smiley:

My interest levels in this product just went through the roof!

2 Likes

One thing I would be interested in is if there is an intention to remove the NDEF record requirement? It seems to use the UID of the implant and not any of the data in the record (the tag was linked to my account regardless of the data in the ndef record but if the ndef record was not there no implant was detected) As it would make the device more multi purpose / let us use existing tags with that ecosystem.

1 Like

4 Likes

Imma come out and say it ffs!

Payday is the 26th imma order on… even if it is just for the blue blinky

Only question is on install I will travel just because but will I be given a choice of dates or is it heres your date?

2 Likes

You can enroll your SIID or NExT with the app rn if you want… :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

yeah but blue blinky…

2 Likes

:rofl:

I would wait for the DT launch

1 Like

yes

1. they aren’t doing installs now… that’s on hold for the moment. If you can’t wait, it’s literally an xSIID… you can get it from dngr.us/xsiid

2. if you want blue blinky, get blue blinky… but Impli not likely to remain using it for long… there are… well… let’s just say that I personally think VivoKey Apex makes much more sense for use with secure patient identity and medical records applications than an insecure NTAG based implant. That’s all I’m going to say about it for right now.

5 Likes

Haha :smile: I’m very impulsive, I’m just trying to setup my siid to it now :sweat_smile:

But can’t seem to confirm my account :frowning: 404 page not found.

Anyway I might get it just as another siid it appears £20 cheaper than the siid and includes install…

2 Likes

Ah AH! So you have a hand in this. Now that’s becoming much more interesting…

Dude, have you ever thought of becoming a full-time salesman? :slight_smile:

Be careful of the Duke Nukem Forever effect though: if you build up too much expectation for a product too soon and you deliver too late, or the product disappoints even a little bit, it actually hams the product. The Apex had better be on time and phenomenally good, with all the plugs you’ve dropped :wink:

1 Like

In fairness, I think it is we ( The forum members) that drop far more plugs than Amal ever does.
I think that is why we get little snippets and hints to things, rather than early product announcements

4 Likes

What do you think he is now? :laughing:

I’m telling you, it will be. My projects are progressing… lets say, very well :wink: far better than I expected Win32 APIs to be.

2 Likes

I dont know about impli I created an account but the confirm email address link results in 404 :sweat_smile: and there support dont seem to have a clue why.