Anybody has details on the Impli Caspian?

A part-time salesman? :slight_smile:

Good to hear. Butā€¦ bleh: who cares about Win32? Thereā€™s no audience for that.

Unfortunately, too many people still want to authenticate to the spyware-turned-OS.

1 Like

Dsruptive site mentions biomonitoring. Will the Apex take my temp?

Only rectally.

1 Like

Not officially yetā€¦ but weā€™re in talks.

Haha not the Apex, but VivoKey does have plans in the biosensor space.

7 Likes

Damm I missed this massage thread !

Apologies for that. Weā€™ve been in contact with Impli and are helping their medically focused efforts by allowing you to book in via our online stores.

Theyā€™re very medical focussed only and indeed you have to go to one of their install events.

Iā€™ve also shared them the think of this thread so they can address any issues

I just need them to fix the confirm email link :sweat_smile: not a great image when i try to create an account and i get a error404 from the link they send me :stuck_out_tongue:

In fairness, you didnā€™t buy nothing from em. Iā€™m not surprised you didnā€™t get a confirmation email :slight_smile:

You donā€™t need to to get an account (specifically says in the app sign up without implant), at the end of the day im not going to buy it if the app donā€™t work / cant create an account.

I understand that. Still, if I was selling a solution and any Tom, Dick and Harry could create an account without giving me any money for my efforts, I wouldnā€™t grant it either.

Maybe they should make it clearer that only customers can create an account.

why would they do that when Itā€™s entirely unintentionalā€¦

They specifically allow you to make an account before you purchase a implant, there is an entirely different signup flow for ā€œno implantā€.

There code doesnā€™t have any way of distinguishing a official implant and I successfully went through the implant and non implant registration flows.

iirc @Devilclarke also contacted support and they confirmed itā€™s a bug and are trying to resolve it for him.

Okay it seems Iā€™m much less well informed than you guys :slight_smile:

So, if Iā€™m understanding this correctly, all the NDEF record does is launch the app, no specific ID in the record? And the app just grabs the UID to do a database lookup?

2 Likes

Essentially yes.

The app checks for that NDEF record even when you initialise a scan from the app so unfortunately it seems like itā€™s required. I havenā€™t tested multiple NDEF records with it.

2 Likes

Interesting, so the NDEF record is just DRM, and easily defeat-able at thatā€¦

I wonder if they set them to read-only?

Also interesting that they use ā€˜companynameā€™ in the record. They seem to have fixed their bundle name in the app, maybe they all implanted tags with the old bundle name written and locked? Or ordered a bucketload locked with the old bundle name?

1 Like

Thatā€™s correct, there working on it but i mean its not exactly inspiring :stuck_out_tongue:

@anon3825968 wasnā€™t getting annoyed or anything but from a user point of view if i download the app and it dosnā€™t work you can guarantee i aint implanting something :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

They canā€™tā€¦ we disable the locking bits on all xSIID during manufacturing. They literally use xSIID made by us. The package name is easily changed but for whatever reason they havenā€™t changed it. Prob figure nobody is going to look at the record dataā€¦ hah :wink:

3 Likes

200w

4 Likes