Apex Flex + iOS app problems

Annoyingly, apparently application deployment is running into a snag right now.

I’ve submitted a support ticket to Fidesmo to see why this might be and to get it fixed.

Once you install the Fidesmo app on your phone, you can scan the Apex and then choose an application to deploy to your Apex.

Registered and scanned 100%. Just no futher options. I think I need a Android to solve this.

Interesting. Can you send some screenshots of what it looks like on iPhone? On Android, I have to go into settings first and enable screenshots before I can take any screenshots of the app.

Ok I was able to get ahold of an iPhone 12.

Yep. :slight_smile:

Ok let’s try this. Turn on manual service delivery under settings.

On the device screen tap the Manual Delivery icon

Use the app ID e819c674 and service install

Now… as I mentioned above, there is some kind of problem with deployment right now and the attempt to actually move to the screen to install it will ultimately fail… but this might be because I changed the name of the app and some of the details… and Fidesmo’s system might then block deployment of a published service until a check can be done on it for safety. I think that’s the cause anyway. I have submitted a support ticket about it so I’m hoping to have this applet accessible for deployments again by Monday.

Damit I had been so close in my attempts. I could not figure out the install portion. Having said that I get a failure with those settings. Operation cannot be completed. (Fidesmo.Delivery Error 5.)

Cool. Thanks Amal. Let’s wrap it for now. I can try later. I’ll be back in Seattle in December. Would love to meet if we can make things work out. Thanks again to everyone.

1 Like

I’ll quickly just jump in and ask @ethan_rose since he had his working and I’m pretty sure he has an iPhone.

My guess though is, he may have installed the NAK before the changes Amal mentioned above, he may have used an Android or he may have a solution for you :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Side IOS issue, I can’t scan when it’s implanted. I tried on iPhone 13 pro max, I did get my non implanted gen 1 vivo key to scan but barely. And NFC tools on iOS didn’t see any info where android did see a lot more. The fidesmo app also didn’t see the installed applets on iOS. But that was all the info I could gather. Hope it helps debug things. Maybe Apex needs to be a little larger for read range issues? I tested a sticker tag and it works with no scan issues.

Vivokey Apex Flex :arrow_right: Vivokey Apex Mega

if you search the forum for Apex Mega. you may or may not see an image :wink:

Amal has mentioned it a few times in the open forum.

1 Like

The shape of the antenna makes for some awkward scanning on iPhone. I will do a video of ideal scan positions later.

I never got it to work with the iOS app, just used a spare Android handset I had lying around.

4 Likes

Cheers, That’s still good info for Amal

2 Likes

Do you have a rough time frame of when we might get hmac-sha1 support? Im not smart enough to figure out how to deploy this myself manually through a fidsemo developer accound/fdsm sadly :frowning:

its working, we just need to get AID permissions from Fidesmo to deploy. they indicated they had already granted this permission however it was not allowed so we wait for Monday I guess.

2 Likes

I have an Android device and also get the same error when trying to install the Tesla key card app. I’ll try again tomorrow and see if it works.

I am happy to say the iOS app is working now. I just installed the NAK applet on my Apex Flex; then paired it with the Tesla. I also found the two sweet spots on the car for unlock and drive.

7 Likes

the ticket support person mentioned they would forward the iOS issue to the front end developers… but something tells me this was a backend problem if it was fixed this fast and without an app update.

1 Like

@ethan_rose FYI

1 Like