Apex Flex sized T5577?

Greetings!
Is there (or was there and I missed it?) any plans on an T5577 implant of an Apex-Flex sized nature? Is it doable or are there antenna issues?

Reason being, I don’t have anyplace nearby to easily scalpel the back of my hand without it costing an arm and a leg for a FlexEM, but piercing studio in Denver did my Apex install fairly easily with the needle.

I believe the 125khz version would need too many windings to make it work, is the reason it doesn’t exist…

I’d like one though also

2 Likes

Why not get the xem or NExT? Both are injectable and don’t require a scalpel.

1 Like

Ahh bummer. Kinda what I thought.

Already have a NExT and an xMagic. They work okay, range is a bit shorter than I’d like though.

Awe I did not realize the flex Implants have better range

2 Likes

Yeah, the X series I have to pretty much have skin contact to read but the Apex I can go a good 1/4" easy.

Also, the X’s need to be pretty much dead on, but the Apex doesn’t have to be centered.

1 Like

You could get a flexEM, flexMT, or flexMN. They all have T5577 chips but those implants are too big for the needle so you’ll need an installer who’s confortable with scalpel work.

More accurately, PHYSICS “issues.”

It could be made, but it would need to be like either the FlexEM
or
Very long and thin
or
Short and high

I am working on something, but is not going to be a quick turn around thing.

Things going well, I will know by the end of August.

No hints given
Just patience required :hamster_emoji_gif:

5 Likes

Yup, part of my problem is this:

Currently staying in Aspen. That awesome blue pin in Denver has done several installs for me, they’ve been around for ages, but I was the first one that came in with something as big as the Apex Flex. They don’t do scalpel work (or at least the lady I had doesn’t)

Something… ApexFlex sized perhaps?

If you think 28mm is long… :wink:

No, Much longer, basically “too” long to be a practical implant

The frequency (125kHZ) determines the size of the antenna, That antenna has to go somewhere; in the case of the xEM, it is wrapped around a ferrite core, and the FlexEM it is spread out in a coil.
As above, the other options are Very long and thin or short and high as you build up the antenna.

The reason the ApexFlex can be that size, is the frequency IT operates at, being much Higher @ 13.56MHz, the therefore antenna is much shorter.
Not the best example to help explain, but this is a NExT

You can see at the top, the antenna wire there are many more turns and overlap than the bottom, wrapped around a thinner ferrite core to allow more overlap and the wire looks thinner ( not 100% on that ) so the top is LF 125kHz

Then there’s the making of it, trying to do something like what you are wanting by hand would not be particularly easy nor likely tidy, it would require a machine.

This is a simplified explanation, but I think that is all we need here, also I’m no expert, but trust me, I’m a Rando on the internet

3 Likes

Yup, good enough explanation. I understand the basics of antenna theory (ham operator for nearly 2 decades), just not sure how small/tight an LF RFID antenna could be wound.

If I gotta get a FlexEM, might as well wait for a blinky version of FlexMT to get back in stock, “Go big or go home”

1 Like

The ferrite core might have a different permeability than the one on the HF side as well, but you are spot on.

2 Likes

If you are talking about Bound By Design, there are two pierces there that do implants. I haven’t spoken with Candace (that may have been the lady you spoke with), but Patrick will do scalpel work.

I was going to have an Apex Flex installed by him a couple of months ago, but after speaking with him I opted to instead get an Apex Mega. I have an appointment to have it installed with him in a couple of weeks. I had a good conversation with him about the Apex and the plan was definitely going to be to use a scalpel and some numbing juice. I don’t think he’s done a ton of non-injection implants, but he seemed very knowledgeable and appropriately cautions.

Maybe try talking with them again? Email is probably best, or even just swinging by in person on a Saturday or Wednesday (the only two days Patrick works there). All of his longer RFID procedures happen on Wednesday evenings.

2 Likes

if elon musk can implant gold wires in a brain why can’t we use it to make a base loaded antenna chip implant?

just got my lab coat from wish

2 Likes

Yeah, the only random days off I was able to get from work and Candace was the only one there. Going to have to be email, a ~6hour round trip isn’t really a “swing by” kind of thing.

But yeah, I’ll try and contact Patrick, thanks.

Guessing the Mega is just larger antenna version of the Apex Flex?

Different type of antenna altogether… And a monopole wouldn’t work that well inside of a bag of salty water.

1 Like

i fully admit this is not my field of expertise and i do believe what you’re saying is 100% true
would a Polymer coating not isolate the wire and prevent anything from creeping into the glass?
also i googled Shunt-Excited Sea-Water Monopole Antenna and have added that to my todo list of rabbit holes
thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience

Yes it absolutely would :slight_smile: the problem is that we’re not dealing with electric field radio. The kind of stuff your cell phone and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth at CB radios in trucks use is electric field transmission. What we are doing is more black magic :slight_smile:

The implants use an inductive coil. It’s more like how a transformer works. The reader is the primary coil and it is generating a magnetic field bubble. You bring the transponder coil inside that bubble and it inducts power from it.

Unlike radio transmissions that use the kind of antenna you’re talking about, transponders and readers communicate by modulating that bubble. They are not broadcasting anything in the traditional sense. Because of this, you need an inductive loop coil for both the reader and transponder… we just happen to call that coil and “antenna” in this use case… but it is just two inductive coils acting like how an air core transformer would work. We just happen to move both power and data over that shared magnetic field coupling.

6 Likes