Approaching Family to Explain Chipping

So is that like a hard no on any type of externally verifiable medical ID implant, or would some kind of decentralized authority like a blockchain registry be adequate? It would still need to connect to the internet, but there wouldn’t really be a third party “ticketing authority” lording over the data.

A blockchain-like solution would be a great improvement - provided provisions are made so that any passerby with a powerful enough scanner can’t get your medical record unbeknownst to you. Maybe an additional pin or something. Single providers are always a liability when it comes to sensitive data. Hell, any data.

But again, you know that’s not how the commercial market will set things up.

Definitely, 2 or 3 factor authentication is a must. Some people are lazy and might opt out, but the option should be baked into the system from the start.

Yeah, I get it. We have to continually plan around the world we want to live in, not the one we’re stuck with. Otherwise we’ll never get there. I hope this doesn’t come across as insulting, but sometimes you take your cynicism to extremes that inhibit productive discussion. The realism and pragmatism is refreshing, but it can be really draining to hear “everything is shit and that will never work” all the time.

Maybe I’m biased because I’m pretty young and I need to hold on to some degree of ambition for a brighter future, or I mine as well just end it here. I dunno. Food for thought.

2 Likes

You’re right, I’m a cynic. That’s because the world I live in today isn’t the future I was promised when I was young, and it’s maddening to see that nobody does a damn thing about it or seems to care, or even understand why it’s so wrong.

And yes, I know I’m tiring. Sorry. I shall retreat in my corner now :slight_smile:

No worries, as long as your aware. Your engagement in the forum is great and you have really interesting ideas. I’m definitely not warding you away, just some constructive criticism. Cynicism is way better than naivete.

I don’t mean to sound overly naive now, but there actually are people who care, people who understand the problems and sometimes even adress them. Yeah, the “majority” doesn’t seem to care at all (what happens to their data and so on), but there are people and maybe even companies who take a different approach. It’s up to us as consumers to decide what we buy. Makes some difference, at least a tiny little bit.

Just for myself, I realised that optimism is a lot more productive for me. No, this is not the future I was promised, but maybe I can change it to fit my needs a little better? Future is non-existent anyways^^

Huh, now I get it. There are actually valid uses for blockchain that aren’t just using it as a buzzword.

That doesn’t have to be the case. I agree entirely that this is what’s needed. Any less is extremely dangerous. But take this into account:

The chance to set the commercial standards is here. Right now.

The doctor signs the data with a keypair they’ve enrolled in “the blockchain”. Enrollment requires publicly available proof they’re a doctor etc, but in the end your “certificate authorities” become the licensing authority for the doctor. You still have to trust someone.

Hmm… not the case with my idea…

Not really… the CA need not be involved in the scanning at all. My concept was that a medical person gets a cert, then when they write a signed record to the chip no CA or cloud call need be made at all. Likewise when the chip is scanned by an authority, the cert chain can be saved locally and signatures validated without a single call to the cloud. The point of my attestation system’s design was to ensure the chip would be the repository for med data like this, not a cloud service, and that the data would be scannable only with an access pin so the user would give the access pin to the authority (border agent for example) to enable data retrieval… a pin that could be changed by the user at any time.

The block chain idea was for additional data if necessary… but it was to check on the certificates for medical providers not necessarily the end users.

Ah right, I thought you meant two people meeting in a bar, then getting a room, then the lady pulls out her cellphone and asks to ring the dude’s implant to make sure she ain’t gonna get pregnant otherwise no snatch, sort of a scenario. That would be awful.

I’m not a big fan of brain chipping, but we’ll have to do surgery to fix it. Without a doubt, that is not a safe situation. Even so, I agree with the concept. Let’s wait and watch how the future unfolds.

Welcome to the forum,

Can you explain this further, I’m wondering if your post might be better suited for another thread…

4 Likes

I just told them. My mom hates it and thinks it is the mark of the beast. Honestly I think she has forgotten about it she only says anything when I bring it up.

Or you could wait it out and not say anything. Just say the mark was from a cat or something if they ask.

Sorry to hear. I also have a family member who thinks that way… And I’m not planing to tell him.

That’s probably the best thing you can do around crazy people…

1 Like

Oddly enough pre-2016 she probably wouldn’t have cared. She got really religious and I feel like she is in a cult now sadly. I’m not sure but I think she is into Qanon now.

I am so sorry.

1 Like

I appreciate it. I’m hoping she’ll snap out of it as time goes on.

I never bothered telling mine haha, slowly one by one over months and months they noticed on their own; asked a few questions and moved on. It’s only a big deal if I make it one :wink:

4 Likes