Body rejecting implant after 2 - 2,5 weeks?

Doesn’t look very good to me :confused:

Just back from hospital… need to take more seractil and 1 more antibiotics, but for them more important they will fixate my hand/fingers so that movement is impossible for a few days which will hopefull help alot. I see the implant move a bit forward to the knuckle

Now, I’m not doctor or anything, but it looks like the implant was a little too far forward above the bone.

And clenching motion could have lifted the skin and may have opened the wound to infection.

They called flex implants but they only really have a bit of give.

Though someone on here with more knowledge will be able to give better onsite.

I know it would suck to have to remove it but if that’s what your doctor suggests after your round of antibiotics then I would heed their advice. Hopefully it won’t come to that.

Isn’t the implant supposed to be between the knuckles, not on top of the right one?

Great rx pics nevertheless.

I hope it will turn out fine for you.

I was happy they will try all to keep the implant in for me :slight_smile:
So the antibiotics are good but the resting of the hand is more important

Your experience sucks so far… but those are some excellent X-rays :sunglasses:

Take what you can get I suppose lol

3 Likes

Hindsight now I suppose…

I have had one ontop (my custom payment) and one between knuckles. I can also attest to between being a better placement.

However, I will say, that the over bone position, proved to be very good for presenting to payment terminals.

If you end up having to remove your walletmor, relocation to between your knuckles could be another option for you to consider…

If you’re on antibiotics for a longer time, you might wanna look into fixing your gutbiome afterwards (mostly healthy eating, maybe take some probiotics) cuz that stuff can really fuck you up.

1 Like

My purewrist is straight on top of the bone like @Pulpanzer, only difference it’s in the middle lengthwise…

Honestly I wouldn’t change a thing… it feels super secure and prevented from flexing and there’s no pain or pressure or anything

Only thing that *could be an issue is how close to the knuckle his is

2 Likes

I agree, I think the “cantilever” overhang, may result in the edge slowly cutting its way out from the inside.

If it’s an infection don’t take anti-inflammation drugs, because something beeing inflamed is just the immune system doing it’s job. Unless you know what you are doing (like a doctor) you definitely shouldn’t shut off your immune system.
What you can do however is apply a fat based antibiotikum, like mosts salves or oils. My personal, scientifically not really verifyed, recommendation is to use lavernder oil, it has antibacterial and fungal properties, accelerates the first stage of wound healing (scientifically verified at least for mice), however not the overall duration. It’s also fat based, so it can dissolve into the skin tissue and the wound.

Lavender oil can be a good thing for aftercare, though it’s not fat based. It still gets through skin anyways, so that’s just a minor detail :wink:
I made a first-aid oil mixture consisting of lavender oil, rose oil and immortelle oil in a bit of hempseed oil - this is really nice for slightly bitchy piercings (not during healing time), pimples, bruises or anything that looks red and annoying. I wouldn’t rely on it instead of going to a doc, but it can be a nice support.

Really good thing! I bought some of those (relatively expensive) probiotics after I had to take a round of antibiotics, and they definitely helped - after that, I found out that the kefir I make at home contains a lot (like, A LOT) more probiotics… :wink:

To get back to the problem itself - yes, keeping it still might be really important. Like others already said, the implant is really close to the knuckle, so it might be cutting the pocket from the inside, and that leads to problems… if you manage to keep it, take good care of it - and a special little advice, don’t let your hands get really cold. If skin gets tighter, like after a long walk in the snow, the “cutting” effect might get worse.

2 Likes

Sepsis is not something to mess around with. My wife was hospitalized due to Sepsis earlier this year. The scariest bit is that the infection that caused the sepsis had no obvious symptoms.

Oh hell, hope she’s all well again?
Sepsis is truly something I am afraid of, especially because it can happen very fast and almost without noticing it at all…

2 Likes

Hi all

It took all a bit longer, im on a bandage now infection or whatever it was seems gone, things look much better

Still need to give it a bit of rest no heavy stuff but i slowly have to start using my fingers again as icant make a proper fist currently its all very stiff

4 Likes

Agreed

Yes, she is, thank you. And yes, the speed at which it appeared was scary.

1 Like

No more balloon hand. Actually looks like a different person

This is the part that concerns me. This should be well closed and the scab nearly gone by now, but it looks like fresh blood there. Where do you think the edge of the implant is on this image;

Red line? Blue line? Under the blue line?

1 Like

As Amal spotted, Did you expel some “fluid” from the wound prior to the photo, or has it been seeping like this for a while?

1 Like