Body rejecting implant after 2 - 2,5 weeks?

Hi Amal,

I think redline. There I can feel it.

The doctors send me home told me to start moving my fingers again… after a long bathing small bits of fluid came out.

So it’s not (yet) closing up… that’s worrying. Keep a really close eye on it… and maybe treat it like a fresh install, in terms of hygiene and all that.

1 Like

If I got this right the needle is not inserted deep enough.

The laser edged mark has is quite far away from the wound

5 Likes

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen an install with this kind of tension on the incision site tissue eventually resolve. They pretty much stay an open wound until person gives up and it has to come out. If it were me, I would have it removed and ensure the installation site and incision were properly closed and healed before attempting again. I don’t know that I would use the same place exactly… That’s up to your professional to really guide you there.

For various reasons, sometimes people need to remove their implants, but they want to keep them and eventually reinstall them. For X series this is fine because any professional piercer can autoclave it and install it with a piercing needle. For flex devices this is more complicated because you cannot autoclave a flex device. Because of this I am going to add a new service - inspection and re-sterilization. In short, if you send your flex device to us in some sort of rigid protective container, we will inspect it to ensure it hasn’t been damaged during the removal process. Then we will run it through our new gas plasma sterilizer and ship it back to you with a new sterilized needle as well.

I’m going to get that service up on the website later today or possibly next week if I can’t get to it today. It’ll be about $35 + shipping to return your stuff to you. Keep an eye on the announcements section.

15 Likes

Hi Guys

Sad day. Because of anninfection to my hip, they had to take out my implant “maybe related because the infection and wound not closing

Amal where can we send the chip for inspection? Because once is all fine again inwould love to retry, perhaps left hand. By someone who can do it with a scalpel

2 Likes

Get well soon! You should definitely put your health first.

Hopefully Amal will be able to sterilize it again for you and you’ll be able to find a more experienced installer.

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear! Hope you get well soon!
Here’s the new product link to get your flex inspected and sterilized!

3 Likes

Did you have fiver, did you have your blood tested for infections, what where the result of the Crp test?

Did you do anything special before your hand got swollen, like lifting heavy stuff, overwork/overstrain your hand?

Hi Guys,

2nd shot, same spot, but now inserted from the opposite site.

5 Likes

Hope healing goes smoother this time!

3 Likes

Congrats and good luck!

Would you net be better with an antibiotic rather than an anti inflammatory med?

That’s probably a question best left for your doctor to answer.

Maybe you should remover it before it got worse, everybody is different, your body seems rejecting walletmor implants!

I think that it was a bad install at first that made it hard for the wound to close properly. Pulpanzer should be fine this time around.

1 Like