Bounty to Fry an HF Implant

Typical microwave wavelenght is 2.45GHz

thats like 12cm wavelenght i think

But that does not matter the individual (water) molecules get exited from the radiation

so even a single molecule would get exited from the microwaves i think

im drunk, if i tank bs ignore me

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t mean to come off as rude. That was just a really funny sentence.

The reason you can’t cook an ant is that microwave ovens are specifically shaped to create a standing wave, otherwise extremely erratic constructive interface could do some serious damage. The ant feels the heat, and navigates away from it to one of the regions of the microwave oven interior that the waves cancel each other out and there’s no net heating effect.

Everything in the oven is being bombarded with radiation though. Even atoms. Classically people think about water molecules which are polar, and therefore are really easy for the “dielectric heating” of the oven to heat them up.

Any metal in the microwave would get heated, because it has spare electrons to move around, and some resistance to that flow of current which changes that radiative energy into heat. The metal can only experience that heat if it acts as an antenna though, and the length of the metal segment would need to be very near to one of the harmonics of the wavelength (which in this case is 122mm) there are tons of harmonics though (1/2, 1/4, 1/16, 1/256) so most metal will receive a bit of energy and experience some heat.

I suppose fundamentally you’re right, but it’s because of where the implant would be in the microwave, not it’s size. I should try putting one on the very edge of the rotating tray.

2 Likes