Calling on the Dangeorus Army to watch videos

Wow - thanks a lot for those insights! I had a co-worker who studied Japanese and went there several times, but that’s not really comparable to someone who actually lives there…
I just realize that I’ve been raised as a western european far too much to really understand such a mindset… but if it works for them, I guess it’s okay. Still, a little voice in my head tells me something about individuality and self-realization and all that stuff, and that this is important, but I guess that’s just my personal point of view and maybe wouldn’t work for people in Japan.
But if people get more open-minded and all when they are able to communicate with other cultures (by the means of speaking English or another wide-spread language, for example), doesn’t that show that living a somehow streamlined, “conservative” life is some kind of restriction born out of isolation? Or is it rather an ability to focus on “necessary” things and tradition, without being distracted by what other people do?

We all are, and that’s why I think it’s so interesting to find out more about the differences between cultures - while still keeping in mind that there is no single “right way” for all societies. This forum taught me a lot about US culture (and a bit about finnish as well^^), and when I was in Mosambique, I learned a bit about the culture there, and it’s all so different… and yet, we’re all human.

3 Likes

Being open-minded means welcoming new ideas, arguments, and information that you typically do not align with . Open-mindedness is a positive character quality and it enables those who use it to think critically and rationally.

In this case, I believe the Japanese are very open-minded, you see them going everywhere and living in many other countries and trying to always adapt to other’s culture and rarely arguing that “THEY ARE JAPANESE” so they won’t participate on other cultures normal interactions. I’ve seen Japanese in Mexico greeting people with a kiss on the cheek, I’ve seen them in Japan talking to foreigner and asking so many questions and interacting with them. As part of the show, yeah, as part of the vacations, yeah, because they choose to expose themselves to this situations.

As a worker in a company?, nah, they don’t be kissing everyone at work, they won’t be talking to their elders as they see foreigners do. I actually have rarely meet someone who is “afraid” of tattoos, and meet many people who think they look cool, but won’t go put one because the image is very unsanitary, and unnecessary, and even they understand that that is their own view, and won’t dare to flash their own little tattoos to other people in a conservative public space.

They even sale tattoo seals of all sizes

The problem in Japan being so “traditional” or “old school” on some aspects is exactly that, the leaders of this companies who imposed this rules 20-30 years ago… they are still alive and they are in many cases still the leaders of the same companies, and for them any type of change is almost a betrayal to the policies that have brought them to where they are, they are not willing to sit down with a stranger or an employee to discuss their points of view for the company they own, that’s why in Japan many companies have a dress code, including makeup and hair for girls, largest, oldest company usually also means old board of directors that like it “the old way”.

Nikon, Sony, Toshiba, the whole Transport companies

Try to reach one of them and tell them it’s ok to hire someone with horns implants, tattoos, split tongue and rainbow color hair…
So in Japan getting a tattoo, body-mod, etc, means that you will limit yourself even more on the options you could have as part of the society because you are directly choosing something that you know is still tabooed around the society you live in, some are ok with that, I got my job, I got my friends who understand me, and I would never work for a company that:
“makes me wear a suit, that pays half of my pension and my health insurance and gives me huge bonus two times per years and pays me vacation days and lets me rest on every single holiday that the country has and gives me presents on life events like marry or getting a child, who will do anything to not fire me without a heavy legal reason to do so, and will increase my paycheck every year just for continuing working with them”

I rather be myself and work every single holiday, without paid vacations, in risk to be discharged at any time the little boss has a tantrum, getting paid minimum salaries without increment, etc, etc u get the idea.

2 Likes

closer…

5 Likes

Step 4

2 Likes

I thought it was mind control world domination? I always get those 2 confused

1 Like

Success! Now… to keep it…

Next order of business is to figure out how to take advantage of the “product shelf” on YouTube videos… no idea what i’ve gotten myself into hahah

14 Likes

Now make it a thing to wear a different DT/VK merch article every video!

3 Likes

A little bump

plus a new video, lets monetize this bitch

2 Likes

Now, when you say bitch, you realize it is Amal who gets the money from the monetization?

Are you calling Amal a Bitch?

2 Likes

“He” forgot the comma. It was supposed to be…

“Let’s monetize this, bitch!”

So “he” was calling us bitches.

3 Likes

Either way, it is kinda rude.

Damn @Pilgrimsmaster

Or

Damn, @Pilgrimsmaster

I feel the same.

2 Likes

And

OR

Let’s make this video earn it’s keep and make it our bitch…

Just like this new one

2 Likes

theoffice-kevinmalone

3 Likes

Don’t forget about this one:

The card looks thinner that what I originally thought, I was expecting a PCB of normal thickness…

Now I can see myself carrying one in my wallet. I’d still have to take it out to use it because my billfold is shielded but that’s ok.

1 Like

Have we got a recent link to all of the videos in a play list? And has anyone figured out how to get it to loop? If someone has, I’ll just start playing it on mute while I sleep.

My playlist linked above is still current, I’ve been updating it whenever a new video was posted.
This one.

If you play it on a PC, there’s just a loop button above the queue area.

4 Likes

Just curious, is it YouTube that forces the videos to be at least 3 minutes to make money off of it, or Facebook?

I know the channel, Jomboy Media, purposely loops his videos, or just says non sense at the end of his video to force them to be over 3 minutes.

I just forgot if that was for Facebook or YouTube, and not sure if that is even a thing anymore.

Cause that is something to keep in mind for future videos if that is still true.

Linus said he’s down for RFID implants on WAN show recently (timestamped link), did you end up contacting them?

3 Likes

Yes, and the results were not the best…

See this post and onwards.

Really picks up here.

Damn