Calling on the Dangeorus Army to watch videos

Oooh, I know.

Take ALL the DT videos, and stitch them together into a single file, that plays for hours, then upload that to youtube on the DT Channel.

I’d watch that.

It wouldn’t have to be a listed video. Just make it unlisted and post the link here.

I still think it would be cool to upload all the interviews/speeches (unless theres some reason they cant be) as they are longer format and would help boost view hours. Plus they are super interesting! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That would be cool to see: the making of…

1 Like

Any idea if it’s the video length that counts or the actual time spent watching? Could crank the videos up to 2x if it’s video length or slow them down to 0.25 if it’s time spent watching.

so many good questions… i have no idea on the time vs length question…

Yes pretty sure it’s the actual time watched *, did you hear about this “watch time counts too much in YT algorithm” thing? You need relatively long videos to get that watch time, but you also want enough % of your video seen because that’s probably another important metric for the algorithm, so not too long.

* by actual time watched, I really mean actual time watched, or at least as close as you can get technically. Pretty sure YT can detect the difference between a genuine visitor and a phone that’s playing a playlist for hours. Their watchtime is probably the time in which ads would work, when someones actively watching some videos, the time they can monitize. If it was that easy to trick YT, people would just run their phone on their own channel to generate some ad money.

1 Like

Well, I finally went into the spare bedroom and set the Roku up to play DT videos.

1 Like

tenor

1 Like

If you insist.
giphy (1)

Amal, maybe live stream/make an AMSR video of something. Could be an hour long and justified easy.

I.e. resin curing with a fan on or something

1 Like

Yes, something to illustrate all the ‘glory’ of what goes into the process

1 Like

Also! Livestream!

4 Likes

we-are-almost-halfway-through-saturday-night-live
(no idea why this gif is so slow haha)

1 Like

Streaming on 2 computers on the same network and a tablet through a vpn…

1 Like

Gotta admit, you’re commited to DT.

1 Like

strikes!? … gettin real over here…

To ensure we don’t get blurged because it’s a livestream, I pulled it down and created a regular posted video for the army (now wondering if that’s against community guidelines)…

Ahhh, sweet sound of chairs. Think I even heard a cough.

1 Like

@amal check out this app. It looks to me like you’re streaming the latest live stream from your phone. This will give you clean video out and will do full 1080p landscape. Works great in obs. I use it for dnd live streaming. Quite litterally the only thing I could find to do proper 1080p on a cellphone.

Also not plugging this app, I’m in no way connected. This one is just the first one out of many that worked for me.

1 Like

Today Amal, I will be streaming from Slovakia, I should have kept a record of countries I have streamed from.

I never thought this was going to take this long or I would have started VPNing from Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria…

1 Like

@Amal, what’s the hour count up to?

You thought about jumping on KSP and heading for Jool? And recording it of course. In real time.

1 Like