Calling on the Dangeorus Army to watch videos

So for anybody trying to help DT with view counts here are some basic helpful sets.

A) YouTube DOES count anonymous non-logged in views.
1) But they only allow 2-3 views per 12 hours anonymously without being logged in PER IP.
2) Using the same logged in account from different IP addresses is not useful. New account’s must be created.

B) Remember all the clicks do not matter. This means that if an account clicks on your video and then clicks back, it doesn’t count as a view. There’s a complete-time limit and analysis to count a view.
1) Wipe cookies and certs before every IP/Account switch

C) 301 line draw, every 301 views YouTube reruns it’s algorithm to make sure the views are real.

I have a bot network that I plan on pointing towards views. Plan on pointing 10 with Google creds, since they can login to YouTube from private IP’s. And 20 anonymously pointing from private IP’s also at turns of 4 hours. Hopefully should see a decent final result by Wednesday.

3 Likes

Any update on reaching 4k?

Celebration Video to come?

1 Like

This video popped up in my recommendations recently:

Tl;dr if you have YouTube premium, downloading videos and watching just a little bit of them boosts watch time MASSIVELY.

Also, if you don’t have YT premium, you can get it for about $1 a month if you sign up using an Argentinian VPN.

4 Likes

Hmm, I’ve got YouTube Premium student… I downloaded the Melting an RFID Card VOD, and went ahead and watched it for a little while. I also downloaded the entire playlist, and I’ll try and work my way through it, letting it play for a minute or so on each vid. Hopefully that’ll help…

1 Like

I’d say you could run into issues if your billing address is not in Argentina.

I wouldn’t mind paying €5 a month or something if I could just get youtube by itself. The youtube music is fucking shit and i have no indention of using it.

We watch enough YouTube content that it’s more economical to have premium for us than not. It literally saves us time in terms of never seeing ads. Last time we calculated was like 3 years ago and the prevalence of ads has only gone up, but back then I think it saved like a good couple of hours of time from not seeing ads. And it has the added benefit of giving like 1000x the money to the creator than watching an ad does.

EDIT: Just did a rough estimation and I’d say our monthly watchtime of YouTube content is somewhere close to 200 hours on average.

1 Like

I’ve got about the same haha, really makes premium worth it.

The YouTube app on Android or iOS lets you view Time Watched.

The last week was 42 hours.

That’s a little higher than usual though tbh, bad some long, long days over the weekend, and I always keep videos playing while I’m working. Helps me think, stops me from getting into my own head too much.

I use uBlock Origin on my PC, but I watch a lot on a smart TV. A Pi-hole somewhat fixes it, but it was unstable enough to where I didn’t want to rely on it (thanks to my university’s network). Plus, it lets me support the creators I watch.

(also I don’t mean to derail)

If you have an Android TV setup, I would recommend trying out YouTube Vanced if you’re able to sideload it. I use it on my phone in combination with premium, and it’s fantastic. The app integrates ad blocking, sponsorblock, some custom themes, and a lot of the YT premium features.

Same! Having random videos playing in the background really helps me focus for whatever reasom.

Huh, I didn’t realize that Vanced worked on Google TV/Android TV.
I do have one actually, that I use at home, but when I’m at college I tend to use the built-in YouTube app on my LG webOS TV. For some reason my Chromecast with Google TV (top-tier naming there, Google…) really doesn’t like my university’s wifi, and frequently disconnects. I can plug my TV directly into ethernet, bypassing that issue.

I should probably just buy an ethernet adapter for my Chromecast With Google TV (ugh), but even an aftermarket one is >$23, which is a bit painful for such a small addition in functionality. I really like the experience of Google TV/Android TV, so it’d probably be worth it, but it’s still painful haha

3 Likes

200w

Hopefully the trick that @TheCyberSystem shared will help speed it up a bit…

2 Likes

cat-im-on-it

1 Like

I pulled up the card melting video to just run in the background of my work computer

3 Likes

uhh… the hours went down?!

maybe they are detecting some “funny business” or something hah

5 Likes

You mean we’re not supposed to watch them backwards? :grinning:

7 Likes

I’d bet there’s some kind of rolling time frame. Otherwise accounts with almost no viewers, but seriously old accounts, would have racked up the hours over time.

2 Likes

Watch it like a Daily Soap :flushed:

2 Likes

It would be awesome if EVERYBODY reading this could give it a good surge for the next couple of days, to rack those hours up…

chris-pratt-no-idea-what-im-doing

3 Likes

My phone is on a separate account. Think I’m gonna double down.

2 Likes