Can my XEM RFID chip be used to unlock my windows 10 laptop somehow

Hello, I’ve been doing a lot of reading and I understand that the purpose of the XEM chip is to mainly unlock things with the XEM access controller V2, but I was wondering if it can somehow be used to unlock my laptop because I’m wondering what’s the purpose of the KBR1 Reader being included in the bundle that I got.

There are certain readers on aliexpress for example that can work this way… I don’t have any links but i’ve seen them before.

1 Like

MANNNNN I NEED TO START READING YOUR INSTRUCTIONS MORE lol, I just got the XSSID chip to set up my pin and unlock my computer. I understand everything now I feel like the coolest dude on earth now. Thanks for making your instructions so simple because I’m new to all this stuff, I just have to be patient and read more.

2 Likes

In theory the WAVE ID NANO comes in a 125khz version,

@anon3825968 did you wind up picking up the LF version? I remember we discussed it

1 Like

Video of me using the KRB1 reader to unlock my windows 10 laptop using my Green XSSID chip, it works! Now I’m going to figure out what else I can do with the chip.

2 Likes

There are 125khz readers on ebay that emulate a keyboard. I use one to unlock my laptop. I had to chop the case of it to better expose the antenna.